The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

Tyler is a good singer and certainly a good screamer, which is why Jimmy Page had him rehearsing to take Robert Plant's place on a Zep tour. Tyler pulled out because he didn't think he should stand-in for Percy.

A few years back, Tyler made a solo album that is basically a country album; it was really good. Saw him perfom live on the back of it but he did include a lot of Aerosmith tracks.

Seen Aerosmith live several times. I particularly recall seeing them headline at Hyde Park, which hosts its British Summertime gigs around the same time as Glastonbury. I had watched a lot of Glastonbury on the TV that year and what really struck me when Aerosmith took the stage was how Tyler & Perry in particular had the aura and charisma of megastars. There was a palpable difference to the acts at Glastonbury, the boys from Boston were titans by comparison and looked and performed like they owned the big stage. Differnt league and that is why, like them or not, they are a megaband.
I am definitely on record saying I don’t care at all about a rock singer’s voice; you’d need to be Yoko Ono or Captain Beefheart to get me to notice relative to the music backing said voice. In this case Joe Perry is pretty much all that matters to me. He can write some pretty great hooks. Tyler is Jagger-light maybe, but it doesn’t matter to me at all.

Sorry, can't take your score seriously so it's a good job I don't choose stuff looking for good scores.

If you cannot appreicate the talent invovled in making a record like this you jus have zero musical appreciation.
The poster in question is the old man from Cake’s Short Skirt Long Jacket video, but it’s okay. Takes opinions to make the world go round.

Reactions: OB1
Quickest score ever, as my music, and know it well. Have given it a listen for a refresh.
Aerosmith are a strange one for me, as unlike most rock bands I massively prefer the older stuff (ie DLR & Bon Scott over Spammy Hagar & Johnson etc) ....except Aerosmith!! Whilst Sweet Emotion is one of my favourite songs of all time, I prefer them from 'Done with Mirrors' onwards ;)
So I like it, but far from love it....6.5.

The poster in question is the old man from Cake’s Short Skirt Long Jacket video, but it’s okay. Takes opinions to make the world go round.

Got me thinking about Fashion Nugget as a future nomination! If the greatest cover version in the history of popular music can't convince Rob of the glory of a good cover nothing will.

Got me thinking about Fashion Nugget as a future nomination! If the greatest cover version in the history of popular music can't convince Rob of the glory of a good cover nothing will.
I don’t mind the odd cover.

I struck me while listening to The Stones last week how poor the original of “Dead Flowers” sounds when compared to the cover by The Brothers Comatose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.