The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

Well done mate,I think you were the only one that got mine.Some still had me down
for Kurt Vile even after I posted my list!
Yes, we were both laughing at the incorrect guesses, but at no point did I think getting yours was going to be the difference.
I’ll get the trophy off Rob and bring it in October along with the T shirt and number sticker.
And you can have that beer that I owe Gornik for your troubles! ;-)

I trust rob to pick my first answer. Just wanted it there so if it turns out to be you framing him, I can j'accuse you.

Glad I came away clean in that one, though I did have Rob as a second place on CH.

At the end of the day, I think @southamptonblue just really liked Instinct, but I went a bit harder for his selection more on the alternative and less on the indie, and gave him the other choice I had you associated with, so the circle of life and all that...

Last edited:
I’m still maintaining that someone has stiched me up like a kipper here….

Or have they…..? ;)
My Clarkie vote goes to Gornik because to me (most importantly) it actually worked, was funny, and had a brashness to it. Granted, having a good setup pick helped it too.

I did laugh at eamo's each time and said to myself, "I already got you, brother. Not fooling me!"

Last edited:
I think journolud defending Leonard Cohen hooked a few people.

If I had a pound for everybody who said Gornik picked Metallica, I'd have about a fiver, ditto for BlueHammer / Arctic Monkeys.

Well, my clarkie pick of @BlueHammer85 for Leonard Cohen didn't pan out but otherwise I did okay. I selected Silversun Pickups just because I don't think I'd mentioned them before but a few of you sussed me out!

My top 10:

Junip (good tune; great sound; will look into them more)
Kevin McDermott (knew this was @RobMCFC the instant I heard it; great choice)
Don Henley (always really liked this song despite my distaste for the rest of his contributions to humanity)
Aztec Camera (had this record once; never loved it but always liked it)
Leonard Cohen (best thing I’ve ever heard from him!)
Crowded House (decent tune, but CH . . . eh, not nearly as sad as The Style Council post Jam, but since I liked Split Enz so much, Crowded House always makes me wince a little)
Imelda May (nice)
Kurt Vile (okay)
Carpenters (nostalgic)
Arctic Monkeys (filler)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.