The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

I think journolud defending Leonard Cohen hooked a few people.
Yeah, I was glad to have him early on Aztec Camera and not waver. The truth is always out there, even if it was "before my time" here. ;-)

If I had a pound for everybody who said Gornik picked Metallica, I'd have about a fiver, ditto for BlueHammer / Arctic Monkeys.
There are others who have expressed a fondness for Arctic Monkeys, but that certainly didn't help me there.

I'm impressed, but how?

(other than I've mentioned a few times that they are one of the few UK artists I love)
Because I know you better than you know yourself! :)

You've answered your own question. :) Narrowing you down is easier than many others as you regularly write a lot, run this thread, and have a consistent approach to what you like. Mind, I overstated a little but a minute in I said to myself "I bet that's Rob" and didn't hear anything else that I thought was a better candidate.

By the way, does anyone else think Kurt Vile is Tom Petty and Lou Reed's love child?

Well, my clarkie pick of @BlueHammer85 for Leonard Cohen didn't pan out but otherwise I did okay. I selected Silversun Pickups just because I don't think I'd mentioned them before but a few of you sussed me out!

My top 10:

Junip (good tune; great sound; will look into them more)

I would of thought they was a bit ‘slow’ for you but they’ve done some other really lovely tracks - listen to ‘Tide’, ‘Far Away’ and ‘Don’t Let It Pass’

I would of thought they was a bit ‘slow’ for you but they’ve done some other really lovely tracks - listen to ‘Tide’, ‘Far Away’ and ‘Don’t Let It Pass’
Recall I put up a Washed Out song here long ago (maybe our first contest?). Certain "space-drifting" music is very appealing to me. Absolutely plan to listen to more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.