The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

Do you really care that much about a 'fanbase' that it stops you enjoying the music?

Asked myself this question again over the course of the day, as that comment has clearly irked a few.

Would you for instance be able to enjoy the football of Utd for example, having experienced a bad side of their fanbase? Genuine question.

Just had a look at the BM Jan 2023 Top 100 Poll. RG came 16th so clearly BM has more of a clue than Rolling Stone.

It's quite a fun couple of threads, @OB1 explaining that his 'short' list was at 100 and growing! For comparison, the collective BM wisdom was...

1. Page
2. Hendrix
3. Gilmour
4. EVH
5. Marr
6. Clapton
7. Blackmore
8. Moore
9. Richards
10. Hackett
Well you know straight away where I disagree.
Out of the list above I would have no place for Richard’s and don’t like EVH while recognising his technical ability. There’s such a thing as speed for speeds sake. EVH always gives me the feeling of ‘Look what I can do’ rather than can you feel where I’m going, come with me. ‘

If memory serves me right there was a healthy debate around JM, was he there by benefiting from local bias or was he there on merit with his invention and the fact that a lot of other guitarist cite him as an influence etc.
Jonny Marr is damn good.
And besides, he sites Rory as the reason he picked up a guitar.

Once 'dance' music had morphed out of the raves and into the mainstream, proper rock and roll seemed to have died. Then along came 'Definitely Maybe'.
Seemed to have died where? Radio 1? I can assure that that the early 90's was just as good as the previous decades as far as rock goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.