The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

Depends on how separable the two are. Generally, I do not. With this one, the two are way too intrinsically linked.
That's just mental.
I could understand you not going to see an act live because you think the crowd will be not to your liking. But dismissing the music completely..?
I'm not even gonna ask what it is you think people that bought and like this album are like that makes you not listen.

I don't really know how to respond to this or whether I should. But your last sentence is quite good.

Think I was just responding to the fact your tone for this pick is a bit atypical for you. I'm hardly going to call you out on this one given my approach to RH not so long ago but I tend to think of you as more measured than me.

You raise an interesting point about football levels of tribal antipathy that I've never really thought about before, I struggle to think of any bands or even genres where I have that sort of visceral reaction. It might be that I simply don't go to much live music these days and so I don't encounter twats on a regular enough basis to get annoyed with particular sets of fans.

Well you know straight away where I disagree.
Out of the list above I would have no place for Richard’s and don’t like EVH while recognising his technical ability. There’s such a thing as speed for speeds sake. EVH always gives me the feeling of ‘Look what I can do’ rather than can you feel where I’m going, come with me. ‘
Oooh, poor take on EVH if you are linking him with speed for speed’s sake.

I think one of my favourites is the theme tune to ‘The Royle Family’ - Half the world Away.
A simple melodic sweet tune. Why am I drawn to this?
Well it’s well written like many of Noel’s tunes. I think more pertinent though, Noel sings it. Not Liam.
I think Liam may be a major stumbling block with me. Noel puts the emotion he felt when writing a tune into his vocalising it.
I just don’t like how Liam delivers even the best of their stuff.

I live my life for the stars that she-ine’

‘Is it my imagina-she-un’
Act-she-un
Sun-she—ine

It’s nasal. It drones. He effects the end of each line downwards on the scale and it becomes very annoying.

Now I fully appreciate that these same things that grate with me are great with fans of the band.

Would I appreciate the band better without Liam fronting it?
Good question. I’ll have to consider that on third listen.

I’m sure there are fans in hear thinking that’s sacrilege.
I think you'll find there are more than just a few of us who prefer Noel on vocals to Liam, and I'll leave it at that prior to my write-up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.