The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

I really do.

I find most songs on MG just so ‘poppy’ and basic, also overplayed. I struggle to listen to Wonderwall, She’s Electric and Champagne Supernova nowadays - they went full Pop which for me was a bit disappointing in hindsight , but can’t really blame them for cashing in.

Whereas Definitely Maybe and there B Sides, there sound was more loud, raw, heavy, bit more indie and psychedelic (Columbia/Supersonic/Bring It On Down) but ultimately more authentic- which is understandable considering Noel was writing these songs growing up poor in a council estate - by the time Morning Glory come about he was sipping champagne with Tony Blair.

I think die hard Oasis fans would go with DM but general music fans would go with MG.

Also, even if not a fan of theirs - the ‘Supersonic’ documentary film on Netflix is a really good watch.

Good songs get over played it shouldn't be used as a negative on the value of the song. I also don't get the general anti oasis stance, there volume of work stands up to almost anyone tbh.

Last edited:
Hand raised at the back of the room from the quiet Yank.

“Hi, yes. Thanks. I have a question. Um, do most Brits really rate Definitely Maybe above Morning Glory? I mean . . . really? Seriously? Are you sure? Ok . . . thank you.”

More later.

Obviously Morning Glory is better, it just suffers from Melody Maker disease. This is really popular so im not having it I'm far to edgy for that malarkey ta very much:-)

Good songs get over played it shouldn't be used as a negative on the value of the song. I also don't get the general anti oasis stance there volume of work stand ups to almost anyone tbh.
It’s not so much the overplaying. It’s how quickly or how much the shine goes off the original appeal.
That’s very much subjective.

Whether you agree with your review or not - that is a terrific write up and I enjoyed reading that.

Just for clarity, is Heidi Klum keeping parts Seal the Pinniped in the fridge or Seal the artist in the fridge? :-)
Fingers in the fridge. Seals organs harvested. I imagined the singer - your imagination is much darker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.