The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

And probably what's even better is you know the people inside the houses, getting woken up in the early hours by the singing are probably joining in from their beds as well.

No! We were just trying to get some shut eye or listen to sing something simple. Bloody Oasis fans, antisocial, cocky, wannabe Liams... little bastards.

;-)

Slight mis-use of thread but hey ho.

I went to the Co-op last night for Liam's Definitely Maybe outputs - Key takeaways as follows (yes, I like the album);

- Venue is absolutely terrific in the arena bit. The acoustics of the place are absolutely brilliant!
- Exactly what you would expect from Liam - terrific nights entertainment, absolutely loved re-living an album that I adore (I would have been about 8 when this came out)
- Beer is was overpriced even if it is Asahi (which they also ran out of)
- Bar staff must be recycled from the Etihad as it took an absolute fucking age to get served
- Can't remember the names (fucking terrible with names at the best of times) of the blokes that I met last night stood behind us in the stand - true gentlemen, nice to meet you and hope you enjoyed my singing

All in all me and my mate had a fucking blast...............Screenshot_2024-06-28-15-43-11-46_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

I'm going out on a limb here and saying I am probably one of the few that was actually too young when this album first landed (you FOCs!).

But when I hit the right age their music struck just like it would have when it landed.

And still today, the songs on this album are fantastic.

Musically quite basic, lyrically uncomplicated but still absolutely brilliant. A few chords and the pentatonic scale, turned up with some whining singing, a fuck load of attitude and lyrics that instantly turned to slogans and centred on themes familiar to the majority of people.

Slide Away is my favourite Oasis song, although I probably prefer the Noel Gallagher acoustic version.

Hardcore Oasis fans were coke fuelled pissheads jumping onto the bandwagon of a band declaring themselves as the biggest rock and roll band on the planet, but that doesn't bother me. There aren't many bands that can provide so many songs on a drunken walk home singalong playlist. And probably what's even better is you know the people inside the houses, getting woken up in the early hours by the singing are probably joining in from their beds as well.
My fave as well

Slight mis-use of thread but hey ho.

I went to the Co-op last night for Liam's Definitely Maybe outputs - Key takeaways as follows (yes, I like the album);

- Venue is absolutely terrific in the arena bit. The acoustics of the place are absolutely brilliant!
- Exactly what you would expect from Liam - terrific nights entertainment, absolutely loved re-living an album that I adore (I would have been about 8 when this came out)
- Beer is was overpriced even if it is Asahi (which they also ran out of)
- Bar staff must be recycled from the Etihad as it took an absolute fucking age to get served
- Can't remember the names (fucking terrible with names at the best of times) of the blokes that I met last night stood behind us in the stand - true gentlemen, nice to meet you and hope you enjoyed my singing

All in all me and my mate had a fucking blast...............View attachment 123631
Few mates went and loved it. Gotta say for a massive arena the gig loojs like it was rocking

Few mates went and loved it. Gotta say for a massive arena the gig loojs like it was rocking
It was mate - absolutely terrific.

I mean, it's a bit of an open goal for Liam as everyone that is there obviously loves the album he music so he's pushing on an open door but it was great.

Absolutely nigh and day to watching him and Squire do about 53 minute set at the Apollo a few months back........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.