The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Well done, write-up forthcoming/uploading...

The power of Man City, a chap somewhere(?) in the US nominates a wilmslow/alty band as his first pick. As long as we steer clear of discussing the Southampton game we'll be good.

Not at all interesting fact: my neighbour is mates with the people who ran the garage in the kingdom of rust video

When I learned that Doves were all Manchester City fans and had actually played at Maine Road, well, that was it, City was MY team too. That is solely what brought me to this site, and I have this band to thank for that. (While I’m also a big Oasis and Noel Gallagher fan, having Noel as a City fan was just icing on the cake – it was already Doves that first inspired and solidified my EPL team – which was during a time when it was another team in the same city that had won a treble.)
Great write up but you better not go on the Bluemoon Forum repeating the myth that there is another team from Manchester.

I loved Kingdom of Rust when it came out but for some reason have never really explored their other material. Looking forward to this.

The power of Man City, a chap somewhere(?) in the US nominates a wilmslow/alty band as his first pick. As long as we steer clear of discussing the Southampton game we'll be good.
I don't recall City ever playing Southampton away and certainly not last January either. :-)
Not at all interesting fact: my neighbour is mates with the people who ran the garage in the kingdom of rust video
I simply love that video and how powerful it is. Appeared to be filmed locally too, and those are some of the stories I was hoping to hear. 2:41 in.

Great introduction to yet another band I’ve never listened to.
Thanks, and as I noted, I was more than a bit curious to who has or had not heard of them here.

I would not have guessed you given many of our other overlapping musical interests and your, um, location..., but am also glad it is new for you this week as I know the review will be well thought out.

btw, they too don't sound like Crowded House :-)

Last edited:
Mad busy at work last night and so didnt get home til early hours, thus sleeping in and missing the deadline for votes for Powderfinger...which I thought very veyr good and will gibve some more airtime to going forward...it was a 7 from the Derry jury albeit belatedly.

Have to say once again I don't think I have knowingly ever listened to a Doves album so shall look forward to this especyally after the great write up from @Black&White&BlueMoon Town

I simply love that video and how powerful it is. Appeared to be filmed locally too, and those are some of the stories I was hoping to hear. 2:41 in.

It's just outside Chorley in Lancs, so it's geographically consistent in that if you were travelling from Manchester up to Blackpool you could go that route.

Liz, my neighbour has just corrected me in that it's not her mate's, it's her brother-in-law's (the guy with the cap is his dad). Apparently they are still there but they don't do petrol any more so the pump has gone.

Don't know if it's true but I read somewhere that Kingdom of Rust was involved in the closest ever battle to be #1 in the charts over here. Seemingly it was beat to #1 by Lady Gaga who sold four copies more that week, can't remember where I saw it - might be rubbish.

Only really know Doves from the kids listening to them back in the day. More latterly like a fair few I’m rather familiar with Pounding given its match day status.
It will be interesting to listen to a full album

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.