The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Clue:

In the summer of 2001, I bought a newly released album, on CD. A couple of months later, I sold it, for about 15 times what I paid for it. And bought myself a replacement copy. About 7 years later, I sold that, for about 8 times what I paid for it. And bought myself a replacement copy, which I still own.

The album I am nominating is the artist's album BEFORE this album.

No but interested in what your thinking is. This one does I would say involve just a little bit of thinking, but is a good bit of musical trivia imo.
That album had universal acclaim and figured it rose in stature over time.

Absent that, I'll guess a 9/11 release date album (still summer) by Jay-Z and then go back one release...

Jay-Z - The Dynasty: Roc La Familia

Nick Cave - No More Shall We Part

complete and utter guess, no thinking.
No. You will know the album described though, of that I am sure. B&W has chipped away at the biggest chunk of it. The dates are relevant.

Remember, for Clarity, the album nominated is prior to the one described in the clue.

System of a Down - System of a Down

(banned song "Chop Suey!" from 2nd album released 9/4 after 9/11 took place)

Again your logic is spot on, you have indeed cracked it. But just not the right album.

But actually would have been a good one to nominate, that!

(There May be a further inadvertent clue in one of my subsequent posts)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.