The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

It has 13 songs. See above, there will aslo be a full video of it, without any adverts (last I looked), but I'm sure there will be an audio only too.
That's the one ;) started listening and (like a nomination of mine) the first song sent me into a coma, i'm guessing, and hoping! probably the worst on the album.....but the next 3 certainly had my ears pricked up, had to check it hadn't jumped to a different band!! Looking forward to the rest now.

That's the one ;) started listening and (like a nomination of mine) the first song sent me into a coma, i'm guessing, and hoping! probably the worst on the album.....but the next 3 certainly had my ears pricked up, had to check it hadn't jumped to a different band!! Looking forward to the rest now.

While I like the song itself, I agree it is a poor song to open with. I know the tone of the album and why, and to some extent it works. But to most unprepared, it is not the most thrilling of starts.

Good stuff

Really liked Bleed American Album previously reviewed

*fuck me, 9 years ago.

Anyhow, look forward to this live offering.

Last edited:
Good stuff

Really liked Bleed American Album previously reviewed

*fuck me, 9 years ago.

Anyhow, look forward to this live offering.

Hadn't seen that previously, but, I mean, you literally wrote out the bulk of what my clue was referring to in your OP.

Bleed American was a great album, hit after hit after hit. It is no doubt a 'better' album than this, and it was a big commercial success. I love it. But I love this one more.

Actually, I will backtrack here. It is a Great song to open with, the harmonising, the background sounds, the break away from lyrical-rhytmic sync structure, the boldness to not have to wail vocally etc. It almost sums up what the album is all about.

Plus, 'sweep the dirty stairs' is my version of threespires' 'it was supposed to he so eeeeasy', as in a line you cant help popping into your head either when sweeping or walking stairs needing swept.

Hadn't seen that previously, but, I mean, you literally wrote out the bulk of what my clue was referring to in your OP.

Bleed American was a great album, hit after hit after hit. It is no doubt a 'better' album than this, and it was a big commercial success. I love it. But I love this one more.

None of the tracks on this one are from Bleed American right ?

None of the tracks on this one are from Bleed American right ?

No, it is a full album in its own right, exact same songs and order as when originally released, just re-performed/ re-recorded 25ish years later. The bleed american reference was really just for the purposes of the clue, and trivia attached with it.

Last edited:
Well done to Hercule B&W&BMT and his excellent detection skills. Know some other Jimmy EW but not this, so looking forward to it.
Coatigan will always have Kaiser Chiefs like I will now have Superchunk for inadvertent clues that go into another plausible artist ("B&W has chipped away at the biggest chunk of it"). I don't think he meant to send me down another rabbit hole, but it sure fit the profile if I was looking for in embedded clues. ;-) When I saw RATM had an album in 2001, I thought surely I finally hit gold too! LOL.
Btw i'm adding a new track to the concept album - Half & Half Scarf Hell (aka The Football Tourist Bastard Blues)
That went full seagull on me, and I don't ask for a hidden track, but being part of the closer sure would be swell. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.