The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Time to commit. To a top five at least...

Surpisingly, because my first impression wasn't good, top spot goes to Maybeshewill. Had them on Spotify a fair bit this week as well, a good find.

Second the Neville Brothers. Nice track, got them on at the moment, hit and miss but I think that is down to the choice of songs they choose to cover. And how they cover them.

Third is Bears Den. I also gave these a listen on Spotify but didn't find them as engaging as this song is generally.

Next and another surprise is Ryan Adams and a close call for fifth between Christian St Peters and Marie McKee but the lady takes it.

Trying to fit songs to nominators is a nightmare. Some of you I could have pegged for more than one song. Dennislawsbackheel for example could be Elton John, Christian St Peters, Cat Stevens or Brian Wilson. My money is on the latter.

Saddleworth2 could be Bjork or Marie McKee but I'll go for Bjork.

Other guesses...

RobMCFC- Ryan Adams
Coatigan- Frightened rabbit
Threespires- could have been Brian Wilson but is the Neville Brothers. Possibly
OB1- Iron Maiden
FogBlueinSanFran- Other Lives
BlueHammer-Therapy
Goaterleftshin- Maybeshewill
mancity1- Dan Reed
Knaresboroughblue- Elton John
Mancitydoogle- Marie MkKee
GornikDaze-Bears Den
BimboBob- Black Keys
bennyboy- Cat Stevens.

And that leaves me with M.I.A and if you believe that you'll believe anything...

Good effort Journo. It is indeed a hard one to guess this round.

So far, the guessing result average is 4. Make of that what you will.

What a coincidence. Therapy have a new album out this week. Kudos if the nomination was planned

I have a confession to make. After @OB1 chose a Kiss album on this thread I was a little sniffy and snobby about his choices. I regret that and am happy to state that I was wrong because the same poster has really switched me on to JJ Cale following his choice of Naturally which is rightly No 1 in our charts.

I am chilling on holiday with a massive compilation of Mr Cale and it is an absolute bloody joy. So here is to you @OB1 and thank you mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.