The Album Review Club - Week #143 - (page 1884) - I Should Coco - Supergrass

Well, my top ten are submitted and as usual on this thread I’ve discovered something new. I spent the last few days exploring one of these artists’ catalog and found it really strong. Looking forward to finding out who submitted the song that led me to said exploration. Loved a few, but liked nearly all of these, though one was an infuriating rip-off of another band and another made me sad. Well done to all and happy holidays!

Last edited:
Well, my top ten are submitted and as usual on this thread I’ve discovered something new. I spent the last few days exploring one of these artists’ catalog and found it really strong. Looking forward to finding out who submitted the song that led me to said exploration. Loved a few, but liked nearly all of these, though one was an infuriating rip-off of another band and another made me sad. Well done to all and happy holidays!

I hope you didn't deem the Extreme song a VH rip-off. Nuno was paying tribute to Eddie and dedicates the album to Eddie and writes about how much of an inspiration EVH was in his sleeve notes.

I don't think there is any harm in telling us what that artist/song was and generally talking abkut songs liked or disliked, don't think that gives anything away.

I hope you didn't deem the Extreme song a VH rip-off. Nuno was paying tribute to Eddie and dedicates the album to Eddie and writes about how much of an inspiration EVH was in his sleeve notes.
VH can’t be ripped off unless a DLR clone is singing too. As noted in many previous posts, he was just as important to the band as EVH IMO which is why save for “Right Now” they were kinda shite after DLR was replaced with Hagar.

Last edited:
The Maggie Rogers song is very poppy but avoids most of the excesses of current pop production so it's lightweight but enjoyable. More interestingly she apparently experiences synesthesia which I've always thought was fascinating. I knew someone for whom taste and colour were integrated; in her case it seems she 'hears' colours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.