The Album Review Club - Week #143 - (page 1884) - I Should Coco - Supergrass

First listen...

A slow start, the first few songs are not really my cup of tea. Ptolemy is where my ears picked up. Loads of beats that reminded me of old school hip hop and house music. Delphium as well.

I can see why Mr Gore likes Aphex Twin. Reminds me of his solo stuff a bit. And a bit like Bernholz. I prefer my electronica with a voice, like Finlay Shakespeare or dare I say it, Neil Arthur.

I shall delve further...

A mixed bag for me so far. Some of it is fine in it’s woozy nothingness but then it starts coming over all Sylvester McCoy era Dr Who. Some vaguely hypnotic beats I could happily let wash over me while trying to find my way out of a coma.
"I" thought "I" had a good get to sleep mix to help me get some Zzzzs, then all of a sudden the "Green Calx" gets going as the helicopter lands on my rooftop and the commando team starts moving on its target as their search and destroy background music played.

Holy Wakeup Call, Batman!

I'm not quite halfway through. Kinetic ambient? House ambient? There should definitely be a term for this. But so far this is quite up my street. I will also remind the assorted rabble here that I was about the only one who really liked "Planetary Unfolding." :)

Last edited:
I'm not quite halfway through. Kinetic ambient? House ambient? There should definitely be a term for this. But so far this is quite up my street. I will also remind the assorted rabble here that I was about the only one who really liked "Planetary Unfolding." :)
Ahem ....

Planetary Unfolding.jpg

Granted, you gave it more points than anybody.

I'm afraid to say that on current listens, this week's submission is not in the same league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.