The Album Review Club - Week #143 - (page 1884) - I Should Coco - Supergrass

Assuming that the current level of technology that we have for AI now existed in the 70s, would it have been able to write these songs? Probably not.

But by the time this Greatest Hits was released in 1994, it would definitely have had enough material.

This was where I was going to head with him in the conversation had we had time.

Based on your previous takes and reviews. Things on this you would have been pretty vitriolic about.

I get you have a prior connection to this though, which maybe makes me see your colourful reviews of things that are new to you in a slightly different light.

Assuming that the current level of technology that we have for AI now existed in the 70s, would it have been able to write these songs? Probably not.

But by the time this Greatest Hits was released in 1994, it would definitely have had enough material.

This was where I was going to head with him in the conversation had we had time.

Think you both might be missing the point a bit.

Think you both might be missing the point a bit.

Not really, I was going to take the conversation into a more general direction about music and AI because I think he'd already said what needed to be said about the initial topic in hand!

Not sure if I’ve missed something as a ‘late’ entrant to this thread, but what does Foggy mean by ‘grade inflation’? Is it a thing and how is it policed?
The “grade inflation” comment actually is related to this being a Greatest Hits (same applies to live records). It’s easier for a record to be “good” (in theory) since you’re boiling a band down to their best work, so the scores go up (cf. the Thin Lizzy record). But you’re also removing any thematic intent by the artist.

Based on your previous takes and reviews. Things on this you would have been pretty vitriolic about.

I get you have a prior connection to this though, which maybe makes me see your colourful reviews of things that are new to you in a slightly different light.
I think a 6 is a pretty average score. And yes, I can't get into Springsteen but I can get into Mr Seger. And yes a lot of his songs are by the book Americana/ whatever genre he fits into which is why the average scoring. I like a few of his songs. Some of them appear on this album. Some don't. If it had been an album rather than a greatest hits then the score would have been similar due to, once again, liking a few of his songs but not all of them.

I would also say that his earlier work is better and that during his huge selling record phase a lot of the output was very samey.
But I like his voice. Which goes a long way in my world. I hope this makes sense mate. No clarkie. I do like a bit of Mr Seger from time to time.

I think a 6 is a pretty average score. And yes, I can't get into Springsteen but I can get into Mr Seger. And yes a lot of his songs are by the book Americana/ whatever genre he fits into which is why the average scoring. I like a few of his songs. Some of them appear on this album. Some don't. If it had been an album rather than a greatest hits then the score would have been similar due to, once again, liking a few of his songs but not all of them.

I would also say that his earlier work is better and that during his huge selling record phase a lot of the output was very samey.
But I like his voice. Which goes a long way in my world. I hope this makes sense mate. No clarkie. I do like a bit of Mr Seger from time to time.

I was not questioning your score. I wouldn't do that. It was more re things said previously. But it really doesn't matter, forget I said anything.

The “grade inflation” comment actually is related to this being a Greatest Hits (same applies to live records). It’s easier for a record to be “good” (in theory) since you’re boiling a band down to their best work, so the scores go up (cf. the Thin Lizzy record). But you’re also removing any thematic intent by the artist.
I really don’t understand how you would figure that out, but crack on if it makes you happy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.