The anti road cycling thread

As someone who has cycled for the majority of his life, thousands of miles -the commute and for pleasure, I can confidentially state that vehicles are full of angry cunts, stupid cunts, zombie cunts and cunts out to purposely try to cause situations with cyclists.

A cyclist has to be fully switched on, aware of everything going on around them because they just can't trust which one of the above is driving along the road or pulling out without looking, opening their door without looking, or just out to be a ****.

After all these years of cycling and the experience I have, it still gets to me how many fuckin idiots there are driving vehicles.

cyclist should always stay kerbside

equally belllends on cars should not hog the kerb and stay a fair dostance so cyclist can use the area of road.

Finally cyclist should be allowed to use pavements when empty of pedestrians to minimise any disruptipnbto cars and themselves.

Cyclist and drivers are equally a pain in the arse
A big reason why drivers often fail to see cyclists at junctions.

I cycle and drive there are certainly both very poor cyclists and very poor drivers though from a personal viewpoint the majority of both are decent and law abiding for most of the time.

However there are a couple of things , why do people assume its the transport mode rather than the individual that causes bad behaviour. Bad cyclists are likely to be bad car drivers if they drove and bad drivers would probably be bad cyclists if they cycled. However a bad cyclist is most likely to be dangerous to himself and less so to others whereas for a car driver its probably the other way round.
The more people we have cycling the less dangerous the roads are , the less congested the roads are, the easier parking is and the less polluted the environment . By all means criticise bad cycling but don't seek to ban bikes or criticise cyclists collectively as a result they are making the roads better for everyone.

Cars and pedestrians should not share the same roads. Cars and horses shouldn't. Cars and donkeys. Cars and oxen. Cars and bicycles. Cars and tricycles. Cars and scooters. Etc etc.

Cars (and motobikes) are too dangerous. I don't know how people cycle these days. When I was young ot was grand cos there were far less cars.

I cycle and drive there are certainly both very poor cyclists and very poor drivers though from a personal viewpoint the majority of both are decent and law abiding for most of the time.

However there are a couple of things , why do people assume its the transport mode rather than the individual that causes bad behaviour. Bad cyclists are likely to be bad car drivers if they drove and bad drivers would probably be bad cyclists if they cycled. However a bad cyclist is most likely to be dangerous to himself and less so to others whereas for a car driver its probably the other way round.
The more people we have cycling the less dangerous the roads are , the less congested the roads are, the easier parking is and the less polluted the environment . By all means criticise bad cycling but don't seek to ban bikes or criticise cyclists collectively as a result they are making the roads better for everyone.
Absolute truths.

Just as an aside, each and every road death costs the economy on average £2.2M. Given that there are 5 driving related deaths on the UK's roads every single day that's approximately £40 BILLION per year costs to the wider economy.

Cars and pedestrians should not share the same roads. Cars and horses shouldn't. Cars and donkeys. Cars and oxen. Cars and bicycles. Cars and tricycles. Cars and scooters. Etc etc.

Cars (and motobikes) are too dangerous. I don't know how people cycle these days. When I was young ot was grand cos there were far less cars.
Pedestrians and cyclists were there long before cars were invented.

Pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders all have a statutory right to use the public highway. Motor vehicle operators have to be licenced to use the highway.

As someone who has cycled for the majority of his life, thousands of miles -the commute and for pleasure, I can confidentially state that vehicles are full of angry cunts, stupid cunts, zombie cunts and cunts out to purposely try to cause situations with cyclists.

A cyclist has to be fully switched on, aware of everything going on around them because they just can't trust which one of the above is driving along the road or pulling out without looking, opening their door without looking, or just out to be a ****.

After all these years of cycling and the experience I have, it still gets to me how many fuckin idiots there are driving

After all these years of cycling and the experience I have, it still gets to me how many fuckin idiots there are driving vehicles.
Same with cycles mate. I could quite easily swap cyclists with vehicles in your post and come to the same conclusion.

Same with cycles mate. I could quite easily swap cyclists with vehicles in your post and come to the same conclusion.
The majority of drivers are so distracted by ICE/satnav/phones/unergonomic or overly complicated controls, or they are utterly reliant on car safety features that they forget the basics of actually driving their 2 tonne motorised metal boxes safely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.