The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the media are reporting that the players we are tying to sell are going to be difficult because the "stumbling block" are the wages we are paying the players and that other teams won't match them.

This has been reported with both Kolorov (MUEN) and Yaya (widely everywhere)

I wonder how true this is and how much this slows down our incoming transfers?

I said ages ago when it was first mentioned, that Yaya's agent will try to milk us & if neccessary he will just stay there.

We should pay Kolarov's wages to whoever will take him.

the media are reporting that the players we are tying to sell are going to be difficult because the "stumbling block" are the wages we are paying the players and that other teams won't match them.

It's an odd one because, if the players don't want to move because they'll earn less, imagine the pay cut they'll have to take next season when we don't offer them a new contract.

Kolarov is contracted until 2018 (I think) so he could end up doing a Bogarde and just sitting on the bench and collecting his wage. Yaya could do the same for the next 12 months. Problem for them is, unless they're planning on hanging up their boots immediately after, the offers they'll get at that point will be even less than what potential suitors will be offering now.

I could be talking shit and Pep might fancy keeping them both but I'd be astonished.

It's definitely a problem. No one else is going to pay Kolarov £85k a week, or Toure £220k, apart from Chinese clubs.

It's an odd one because, if the players don't want to move because they'll earn less, imagine the pay cut they'll have to take next season when we don't offer them a new contract.

Kolarov is contracted until 2018 (I think) so he could end up doing a Bogarde and just sitting on the bench and collecting his wage. Yaya could do the same for the next 12 months. Problem for them is, unless they're planning on hanging up their boots immediately after, the offers they'll get at that point will be even less than what potential suitors will be offering now.

I could be talking shit and Pep might fancy keeping them both but I'd be astonished.

It will be easier for a club to come closer to matching their wages if they don't have to pay a transfer fee.
They'll do a Milner.

I wouldn't worry too much. Let's not forget when Yaya & Aleks re-signed, they actually lowered their basic wage with us and took higher incentives based on appearances & wins etc. Almost everyone at the club earns no more than 80K basic from what I've heard, other than yaya,Vinny and kun who get 110K. So if they want to stay and sit on the bench, it'll hit them in pocket. Press reporting huge wages seem to have missed the huge restructure we did on the salary of all a few years back.

Christ. Kolarov getting £85k, he must have brilliant agent. We really need to lower the wages for squad players.

I'm going to keep sticking my neck out on this one and say let's keep an eye on Barca.

There's a ton of players we are looking at that nothing will come of until after the euros, other than speculation.

Meanwhile, Copa America has already started to send folk home.

If there's a move to be made with their big guns, now is the time it will happen IMO. If we don't see any substantial gossip on Suarez on Neymar next week, I think its safe to say they wont be moving this Summer to anyone. It'll be now or never to see these guys being linked to us or anyone else.

It's definitely a problem. No one else is going to pay Kolarov £85k a week, or Toure £220k, apart from Chinese clubs.
Is that not why we sell players at seemingly low rates? The buying club give the players a bigger signing on bonus which counteracts the lower wages, we of course get a big wage off the bill so it's swings and roundabouts for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.