The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything Friday or Saturday?? Announcements or deals being closed

Bearing in mind Gundogan wasn't officially announced until over a week after he actually signed, then I think you'd be optimistic hoping for any announcements in the next few days.

It's an odd one because, if the players don't want to move because they'll earn less, imagine the pay cut they'll have to take next season when we don't offer them a new contract.

Kolarov is contracted until 2018 (I think) so he could end up doing a Bogarde and just sitting on the bench and collecting his wage. Yaya could do the same for the next 12 months. Problem for them is, unless they're planning on hanging up their boots immediately after, the offers they'll get at that point will be even less than what potential suitors will be offering now.

I could be talking shit and Pep might fancy keeping them both but I'd be astonished.
That's the exact reason why they are not moving. If you were told this was the last year you are gonna make your current salary. Next year you'd be making half or less. Then your company ask you if you'd like to move to another company this year and start the half salary period a year earlier than you need to. No one in their right mind will take that deal.

So it's no surprise Kolarov doesn't want to.

That's the exact reason why they are not moving. If you were told this was the last year you are gonna make your current salary. Next year you'd be making half or less. Then your company ask you if you'd like to move to another company this year and start the half salary period a year earlier than you need to. No one in their right mind will take that deal.

So it's no surprise Kolarov doesn't want to.

See what your saying and tbh, find it hard to disagree but I also think it depends where you are in your career. If City is likely to be your last big team then yes, most I suspect would stay put, but if you still have time on your hands and a career to play for, then sitting stagnant on a bench for a year might not seem that appealing.

Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.