The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be Gundogen.Nolito,Stones,Sane and maybe one other. I reckon a few of the younger lads will come in as back up to our full backs.

I think Angelino will get a chance.

Some have weirdly written him off because he wasn't great defensively in an awfull coached NYCFC team which were conceding 3 a week with or without him, but I think he fits he pep mould of left back.

He needs to be taught to defend, but given that everyone in the squad will be learning a new defensive system, and the entire team will be defending as a unit (so individual defensive ability will be less important than simply following orders and being in the right position) I think he's got a good chance.

But I'm basing a lot of this on the fact we've had no links to left backs at all.

it would be underwhelming to be honest if that was it

gudongan is excellent but for me sane and nolito don't rip up any trees (i know a lot disagree with me).

Stones is good (could be very good)

Our forward options without Kun would be a huge downgrade ( Nacho and Nolito - one a kid and one an attacking wide player)

Still hoping for Txixi to pull a surprise out of the bag (suarez or aubamayang would be my choices - happy with either)
I don't think our signings rip up trees either. But they are significant improvements on what we had last season.

it would be underwhelming to be honest if that was it

gudongan is excellent but for me sane and nolito don't rip up any trees (i know a lot disagree with me).

Stones is good (could be very good)

Our forward options without Kun would be a huge downgrade ( Nacho and Nolito - one a kid and one an attacking wide player)

Still hoping for Txixi to pull a surprise out of the bag (suarez or aubamayang would be my choices - happy with either)

The beauty of having Pep as a manager is not needing marquee signings.

He will take good signings, like Sané, Gundogan, stones and make them into marquee players.

I'd be ok with Nacho as back up striker as well. He's shown all the signs of being a potential world beater and he's delivered whenever needed to so far.

After that Nolito is a good goalscorer, and Sané or Sterling could fill in, as could Silva in the false 9 role he's played well before for us and Spain.

Pep doesn't want a huge squad, and trusting a kid becomes necessary with that. But frankly when the kid has Nacho's record it's much less of a risk.

If you listen to the interview, the way he says it makes it sound like he's talking about other deals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04094lr

If you listen to the interview, he says we never wanted an overhaul, but this summer is just a normal one with 3-5 players coming in.

So if you take him at his word, no, 8/9 players is not happening.

He also says we'll be done very soon.

I would expect the 5 to be Nolito, Gundogan, Stones, Sané and Peres.

Zinchenko probably doesn't count as he wouldn't be in the squad next season.
This is how I see it, the first 4 you mentioned being the most likely (Sane still sounds like he has a decision to make after Euros though), and the 5th being a fullback.

Whilst offloading Kolarov, Zabaleta, Toure, Demichelis & perhaps Bony (although not sure as it doesn't sound we have a replacement lined up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.