The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care who we get once we are direct and not going to tippy tappy around the box again this season. That is not attractive football...that is boring shite. I want quick exact passing that lead to shots on target.

Obviously I'll fret about us not getting the big names or them going to rivals but if we played attractive top class football I'd not care if we ended with trophies. Again I don't mean tippy tappy as that is crap.

I don't care who we get once we are direct and not going to tippy tappy around the box again this season. That is not attractive football...that is boring shite. I want quick exact passing that lead to shots on target.

Obviously I'll fret about us not getting the big names or them going to rivals but if we played attractive top class football I'd not care if we ended with trophies. Again I don't mean tippy tappy as that is crap.
Shots on target isn't a real thing though.

If we get stones, sane and peres in addition to gundogan and nolito its a good summer. Dont forget the outstanding talent we have in midfield waiting to be unleashed, althogh hopefully we can nab kroos still.

If you listen to the interview, the way he says it makes it sound like he's talking about other deals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04094lr

If you listen to the interview, he says we never wanted an overhaul, but this summer is just a normal one with 3-5 players coming in.

So if you take him at his word, no, 8/9 players is not happening.

He also says we'll be done very soon.

I would expect the 5 to be Nolito, Gundogan, Stones, Sané and Peres.

Zinchenko probably doesn't count as he wouldn't be in the squad next season.

This is how I see it, the first 4 you mentioned being the most likely (Sane still sounds like he has a decision to make after Euros though), and the 5th being a fullback.

Whilst offloading Kolarov, Zabaleta, Toure, Demichelis & perhaps Bony (although not sure as it doesn't sound we have a replacement lined up).

Yeah, on the basis of Soriano's quotes that sounds about right to me. Never thought 8/9 signings in one window was likely tbh.

Think Toure could yet stay though, and have a hunch we'll go for a left back rather than a right back.

Cant believe people are talking about being underwhelmed at "only" spending £150m! Well, I can but some expectations just aren't realistic. At least three of those signings will go straight into the starting XI, and you can't just rip apart a team overnight. Evolution, not revolution and all that.

Still think if an opportunity, like say Kroos, presented itself then we'd go for it (as with Otamendi last summer) but I wouldn't pin all my hopes on it.

Yeah, on the basis of Soriano's quotes that sounds about right to me. Never thought 8/9 signings in one window was likely tbh.

Think Toure could yet stay though, and have a hunch we'll go for a left back rather than a right back.

Cant believe people are talking about being underwhelmed at "only" spending £150m! Well, I can but some expectations just aren't realistic. At least three of those signings will go straight into the starting XI, and you can't just rip apart a team overnight. Evolution, not revolution and all that.

Still think if an opportunity, like say Kroos, presented itself then we'd go for it (as with Otamendi last summer) but I wouldn't pin all my hopes on it.
Are mid got ripped apart last season, pep would need to work his magic if he was to only add Gundogan to that mid

The beauty of having Pep as a manager is not needing marquee signings.

He will take good signings, like Sané, Gundogan, stones and make them into marquee players.

I'd be ok with Nacho as back up striker as well. He's shown all the signs of being a potential world beater and he's delivered whenever needed to so far.

After that Nolito is a good goalscorer, and Sané or Sterling could fill in, as could Silva in the false 9 role he's played well before for us and Spain.

Pep doesn't want a huge squad, and trusting a kid becomes necessary with that. But frankly when the kid has Nacho's record it's much less of a risk.

Nacho is a good player but he is not a lead striker yet and still has a lot to prove (not saying he cant or won't but its no certain and is nowhere near a world beater yet)

Nolito isn't a centre forward.......nothing to suggest that he could replace Kun long term

Sterling's finishing is awful - yes he could improve
Silva's one weakness is his goal scoring

The only player Id have any confidence in is KDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.