The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we have to see how the next month or two pan out, but I do hope that the 'powers that be' provide Pep with the tools that he needs to fulfill his objectives, and not instead rest on their laurels thinking securing Pep is some sort of job done.

Yes Gundogan is a good signing, but there are no guarantees given his injury. Nolito hopefully will do a job, but not a game changer. The other couple of lads seem to be for the future. Stones, should he come, is an expensive gamble, and Sane is still young and learning.

I hate to mention that lot across the City boundary, but taking off my blue tinted specs for a moment, their recruitment appears to be much more aggresive. They've shored up the defence with Bailey, and started addressing their glaring midfield deficiencies with Mikhataryn (Sp?), and potentially Matuidi and Pogba. They have ZI to help the young lads up front. And I don't think they're finished yet.

I know I'm going get all sorts of abuse for this post (I'm not a Rag - you can check all my previous posts if you need to), but we can't ignore what's happening around us. We can take the piss out of the rags all we like, but they are building for the here and now, as well as for the future with the likes of Martial and Rashford. Feel really dirty writing that.

I'm just hoping that when it comes to the end of August, I can look back at this post and say - pah, what were you worried about you flapping idiot!

Blue tinted specs back-on.

Rag scum bastards.

Well let's just look at the position we have right now.

We know the players we have signed, two more coming in that are widely discussed on here, that's 3 of peps 4. Then there is one more still in the euros which we all should be excited about it that comes off and one other potential deal which still might go either way.

I don't for one minute think the world record bid was for who we all thought it was for either to be fair.

Its good times - I see a totally different game plan from city next year with player re-vitalised by a new manager with an infectious approach to the game.

Sorry the other one missing from the numbers is the young Ukrainian who I think will go into the first team squad mainly due to his flexibility in position to cover rotation of others

Obviously we have to see how the next month or two pan out, but I do hope that the 'powers that be' provide Pep with the tools that he needs to fulfill his objectives, and not instead rest on their laurels thinking securing Pep is some sort of job done.

Yes Gundogan is a good signing, but there are no guarantees given his injury. Nolito hopefully will do a job, but not a game changer. The other couple of lads seem to be for the future. Stones, should he come, is an expensive gamble, and Sane is still young and learning.

I hate to mention that lot across the City boundary, but taking off my blue tinted specs for a moment, their recruitment appears to be much more aggresive. They've shored up the defence with Bailey, and started addressing their glaring midfield deficiencies with Mikhataryn (Sp?), and potentially Matuidi and Pogba. They have ZI to help the young lads up front. And I don't think they're finished yet.

I know I'm going get all sorts of abuse for this post (I'm not a Rag - you can check all my previous posts if you need to), but we can't ignore what's happening around us. We can take the piss out of the rags all we like, but they are building for the here and now, as well as for the future with the likes of Martial and Rashford. Feel really dirty writing that.

I'm just hoping that when it comes to the end of August, I can look back at this post and say - pah, what were you worried about you flapping idiot!

Rag scum bastards.

You won't get pelters off me for that post,because you are spot on,however we have got a far better manager/coach,and squad than that lot and they had to get quite a few in as they have been shit,we already have the best squad in the prem,before anymore signings,but the beauty now is we have the right man to get us the results we deserve

We can take the piss out of the rags all we like, but they are building for the here and now, as well as for the future with the likes of Martial and Rashford. Feel really dirty writing that.
They are not building for the future, sorry but Rashford and Martial aside there is not a single indication that our Ed is doing anything but splurging cash in the hope that something works.

Look at our academy and the lads already there plus the ones we've brought in this Summer plus the ones heavily linked. That's building for the future.

Even the manager they've got in is for the short term whereas we got Pep. City and the rags are literally chalk and cheese in their outlooks.

Rag scum bastards.

Bang on.

We need to buy game changers who will improve the 11. Not potential or squad players all the time!

I feel we have a lot to do still this summer.
Every area still could do with improving for me especially both FBs and Midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.