The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
'as things stand'

So he is open for a move and if he receives no other offers it could be on the cards towards the start of the season?

I think something like that.

There is only so much money a person can turn his nose up at.

To put it into some sort of context...

Chinese clubs are paying the first two years of a four year contract up front, tax free.

A lot of the players and agents have quickly discovered that when they get the next two years, they can fuck off back to Europe whenever the mood fancies, and with the full approval of the Chinese.

In essence, a top player can pick up £40m cash (two £20m tranches) and tax free, for two years and one day's commitment.

Money really is no object for China when attracting players.

I'm not really to bothered about signing Pogba if United don't get him but if city can't go for Kroos and Madrid don't go for Pogba then city should step in a get him knowing he would rather play for Guardiola. I mean where the big club mentality? Rags are showing there muscles in the transfer window and they've not even got champs league. What does that say about other "top clubs"

Don't think Pep is into sloppy seconds

Benteke at 30m, is Bony any worse. Just because we have money we shouldn't be mugs. Bony proven as a big fish in a small pond

They're similar players but if you want a target man, Benteke is probably the better bet at 6'3 (Bony is 6'0). He's also two years younger.

But yeah if Benteke goes for 30m, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for more than 20m. But teams know that Bony is surplus to requirements here and that we have the money to take a cut-price offer to get him off our books to make a space in our CL squad which makes me think he'll go for 15m or as a makeweight in a deal for Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.