The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to speculate on how Pep lines up, but in 9 years he's played almost entirely with one striker. What do you want Nacho doing behind the two world-class strikers when they're fit? Helping out the kit man?

Kelechi did everything we asked of him at every point we asked. We're lucky to have him as a 2nd option. Have a little faith.

I have faith in Kelechi and loved watching him last year.

However the likes of an Aubamayang (who can play numerous positions across the front (which kelechi cant) and Suarez (who is so good could possibly win you the league would push us to the very top level instantly...nolito won't, Sane - who knows?

Can somebody explain to me why a player who scored only 8 goals and got 6 assists is worth around £50m because I cant wrap my head around it.

EDIT: It's Leroy Sane btw.

Last edited:
I have faith in Kelechi and loved watching him last year.

However the likes of an Aubamayang (who can play numerous positions across the front (which kelechi cant) and Suarez (who is so good could possibly win you the league would push us to the very top level instantly...nolito won't, Sane - who knows?

That's a perfectly fine stance (not that you need an internet stranger to validate it), as long as you're adding up the cost. And I don't mean financially -- if you're going to bring in Suarez to work with Aguero, that's great... but know that Kelechi might (rightfully) ask for a move away from the club. Aubameyeng I liked as well, but that was before we signed Nolito and advanced our discussions with Sane. In all actuality, I think both of the latter are better players wide in a front three -- with Auba being the far, far superior option to fill in at striker.

Regardless, I think if you want to count ten on this one you'll be pleasantly surprised. Just my opinion, but there's a very serious upside to everybody coming in.

plus this zinchenko kid who is an unknown as well

Pep will really have to earn his money...lets hope he is as good as we think he is

If Zinchenko stays in the squad, Pep must rate him, or else he'd use an academy player.

He's only ever bought 4 u21 players for his teams.

Pique, who became an almost instant starter and obviously a permanent fixture.

Coman, who played 30 odd games last season and looks brilliant.

Kimmich, obviously incredibly talented and played a lot.

Bernat, who played 75 games in 3 seasons.

So I have high hopes for Zinchenko.

I'll be surprised if we finish our dealings this summer with no huge signings..suppose we were all expecting a Galactico..but then Galacticos are incredibly hard to pry away from their respective clubs

Regardless..we have the best manager in the world..he knows what he is doing..that's why he's earning millions at City and I'm a civil servant

That's a perfectly fine stance (not that you need an internet stranger to validate it), as long as you're adding up the cost. And I don't mean financially -- if you're going to bring in Suarez to work with Aguero, that's great... but know that Kelechi might (rightfully) ask for a move away from the club. Aubameyeng I liked as well, but that was before we signed Nolito and advanced our discussions with Sane. In all actuality, I think both of the latter are better players wide in a front three -- with Auba being the far, far superior option to fill in at striker.

Regardless, I think if you want to count ten on this one you'll be pleasantly surprised. Just my opinion, but there's a very serious upside to everybody coming in.

i think my sticking point is the nolito purchase....i think he is the one Im not impressed by at all....I think he is absolutely average whereas aubamayang could have filled a number of roles either outside or in the central role (if needed a lot better)

Sane and Stones I can see why we would go for them as the potential is there

The keeper and fullbacks I know nothing about

Zinchenko likewise but it was being touted that he would be loaned straight out again

it would take one injury to kun to have that (Kdb playing more in the midfield area)

Sane could be awesome but equally night fail

Nolito - I just don't rate at all and I pray I am wrong on this

Kelechi - good player, lot of learning to do

we don't have another recognised forward other than Kun or kelechi

I don't see why Sané is any more likely to fail than any other transfer.

I'll be surprised if we finish our dealings this summer with no huge signings..suppose we were all expecting a Galactico..but then Galacticos are incredibly hard to pry away from their respective clubs

Regardless..we have the best manager in the world..he knows what he is doing..that's why he's earning millions at City and I'm a civil servant

well if it pans out as you think we won't get one so lets hope you are wrong ;-)

its not in all honesty a galactico Im after (unless it was suarez or messi then who wouldn't have them) but I just think especially with the nolito signing we could have done better (maybe not for the money)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.