The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
and you have just defined my problem with Nolito to a t

he is just an average player....he will do a job for us isn't good enough to where we want to be - aubamayang would have done that job for us but better and covered other eventualities (losing Kun) which Nolito won't

and as for Zinchenko..i know nothing about him but if its for fullback i would prefer someone who can defend first (i don't know he cant, but having close dribbling skills its the first priority of a fullback)

Nolito will bang in 10-15 goals and take goalscoring pressure off Aguero. His constant movement will bring others into play and open up defences.

Pep has virtually a blank chequebook and he chose to sign Nolito. That should tell you everything about his quality.

Or else watch the Barcelona or Real Madrid games, where despite being in an average team, he completely stole the show and tore them apart - a better performance than any city player has ever put in vs. Barcelona or Madrid.

If the last premier league season hasn't shown you that good players in the right systems are better than star players Who don't suit or are out of position then nothing will.

Not to mention Aubameyang was never that effective out wide. He certainly wasn't worth £60m, so to buy him and then play him ther would be a colossal waste of money and could only lead to failure.

You seem to be actively looking for negativity in our signings. You start your comment on Zinchenko by saying you've never seen him play, but then say he's not good enough because "you'd prefer someone who can defend first" - but hang on, you've never seen him play, but you know he can't defend?[/QUOTE]

well like i said before, i hope you are right on Nolito.

On Zinccheko i was just commenting on the previous posters comments that it would be hilarious to see someone with such close control in the fullback position....so that tells me first and foremost he aint a fullback...

now I know Pep has a reputation for developing players (especially young ones) into different positions so I trust him in this one....but as a one off comment as to someones ability saying they have close control...well that isn't the defining necessity of a fullback....defensive positioning is integral for this position as well as the ability to defend, tackle, head, block crosses, .....clsoe dribbling control doesn't come into it at first.....it come in as a secondary requirement for attacking fullbacks which is what Pep obviously sees in him...lets hope pep can teach him how to defend as I know he has played there before but he isn't experienced there

and you have just defined my problem with Nolito to a t

he is just an average player....he will do a job for us isn't good enough to where we want to be - aubamayang would have done that job for us but better and covered other eventualities (losing Kun) which Nolito won't

and as for Zinchenko..i know nothing about him but if its for fullback i would prefer someone who can defend first (i don't know he cant, but having close dribbling skills its the first priority of a fullback)

Nolito will bang in 10-15 goals and take goalscoring pressure off Aguero. His constant movement will bring others into play and open up defences.

Pep has virtually a blank chequebook and he chose to sign Nolito. That should tell you everything about his quality.

Or else watch the Barcelona or Real Madrid games, where despite being in an average team, he completely stole the show and tore them apart - a better performance than any city player has ever put in vs. Barcelona or Madrid.

If the last premier league season hasn't shown you that good players in the right systems are better than star players Who don't suit or are out of position then nothing will.

Not to mention Aubameyang was never that effective out wide. He certainly wasn't worth £60m, so to buy him and then play him ther would be a colossal waste of money and could only lead to failure.

You seem to be actively looking for negativity in our signings. You start your comment on Zinchenko by saying you've never seen him play, but then say he's not good enough because "you'd prefer someone who can defend first" - but hang on, you've never seen him play, but you know he can't defend?[/QUOTE]

I also don't think Pep has a blank cheque book......i think the club still have to be careful about spending and FFP (at least balancing the books)...there certainly isn't a money is no object approach (I don't have any problem with this)

You seem to be actively looking for negativity in our signings. You start your comment on Zinchenko by saying you've never seen him play, but then say he's not good enough because "you'd prefer someone who can defend first" - but hang on, you've never seen him play, but you know he can't defend?

On Zinccheko i was just commenting on the previous posters comments that it would be hilarious to see someone with such close control in the fullback position....so that tells me first and foremost he aint a fullback...

now I know Pep has a reputation for developing players (especially young ones) into different positions so I trust him in this one....but as a one off comment as to someones ability saying they have close control...well that isn't the defining necessity of a fullback....defensive positioning is integral for this position as well as the ability to defend, tackle, head, block crosses, .....clsoe dribbling control doesn't come into it at first.....it come in as a secondary requirement for attacking fullbacks which is what Pep obviously sees in him...lets hope pep can teach him how to defend as I know he has played there before but he isn't experienced there[/QUOTE]

I would have thought good close control is a pre-requisite for all professional footballers.

now I know Pep has a reputation for developing players (especially young ones) into different positions so I trust him in this one....but as a one off comment as to someones ability saying they have close control...well that isn't the defining necessity of a fullback....defensive positioning is integral for this position as well as the ability to defend, tackle, head, block crosses, .....clsoe dribbling control doesn't come into it at first.....it come in as a secondary requirement for attacking fullbacks which is what Pep obviously sees in him...lets hope pep can teach him how to defend as I know he has played there before but he isn't experienced there

I would have thought good close control is a pre-requisite for all professional footballers.[/QUOTE]

he was talking about dribbling to take people on close control as that is what this lad is all about and why people are ring about him...he has amazing feet when you watch him dribbling.

close control is obviously a given in all pros...maybe you are being tad facetious?

I would have thought good close control is a pre-requisite for all professional footballers.

he was talking about dribbling to take people on close control as that is what this lad is all about and why people are ring about him...he has amazing feet when you watch him dribbling.

close control is obviously a given in all pros...maybe you are being tad facetious?[/QUOTE]

No i wasn't. It was a comment on you saying he couldn't be a full back because he had good control.
Which i thought was a daft way of looking at it.

having watched him play numerous times (and not just in the world cup - where i wasn't impressed either)

plus you see those quotes about many players like that all the time....they are being polite when being asked nothing more nothing less
Which World Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.