The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why Sané is any more likely to fail than any other transfer.

or like to achieve if you want to look at it that way...many great player have come and failed......many achieved...thats why Ive said all along its 50/50..he could be a future ballon d'or winner, but equally he may not be.

i think my sticking point is the nolito purchase....i think he is the one Im not impressed by at all....I think he is absolutely average whereas aubamayang could have filled a number of roles either outside or in the central role (if needed a lot better)

Sane and Stones I can see why we would go for them as the potential is there

The keeper and fullbacks I know nothing about

Zinchenko likewise but it was being touted that he would be loaned straight out again

What are you basing your opinion of Nolito on?

A lot of highly respected Spanish footballers came out and said we grabbed a bargain with him..I know nothing about him but he seems very well respected and is supposedly a great player

What are you basing your opinion of Nolito on?

A lot of highly respected Spanish footballers came out and said we grabbed a bargain with him..I know nothing about him but he seems very well respected and is supposedly a great player

having watched him play numerous times (and not just in the world cup - where i wasn't impressed either)

plus you see those quotes about many players like that all the time....they are being polite when being asked nothing more nothing less

i think my sticking point is the nolito purchase....i think he is the one Im not impressed by at all....I think he is absolutely average whereas aubamayang could have filled a number of roles either outside or in the central role (if needed a lot better)

Sane and Stones I can see why we would go for them as the potential is there

The keeper and fullbacks I know nothing about

Zinchenko likewise but it was being touted that he would be loaned straight out again

Honest suggestion here: go back and watch Nolito vs. Turkey. It'll make you feel better. International tournaments are always a bit misleading, and Nolito was up and down... but watch the player who came out against Turkey. Even if he doesn't make Pep's starting squad on Wednesday nights away in Europe, watch that player and know that he could be lining up at 3pm against Middlesborough. He'll have a job to do for us, if nothing else than to relieve pressure on others. It'll be great.

Also regarding Zinchenko, hopefully we're holding onto him in the absence of any LB signings. He has experience at the position, and the idea of someone with that kind of close control in a backline is hilarious.

Leroy Sane.

Well for starters he's not costing £50m, and secondly because he's Germany's most promising attacking prospect?

Also I think you need to reevaluate what is a good season for a 19/20 year old winger.

Ronaldo didn't hit double figures until he was 22.

Bale didn't until he was 24.

For a kid playing at a midtable Schalke, starting the season age 19, 8 league goals is very good.

[QUOTE="Tron Coltrane, post: 9563739, member: 21619" He'll have a job to do for us, if nothing else than to relieve pressure on others.

Also regarding Zinchenko, hopefully we're holding onto him in the absence of any LB signings. He has experience at the position, and the idea of someone with that kind of close control in a backline is hilarious.[/QUOTE]

and you have just defined my problem with Nolito to a t

he is just an average player....he will do a job for us isn't good enough to where we want to be - aubamayang would have done that job for us but better and covered other eventualities (losing Kun) which Nolito won't

and as for Zinchenko..i know nothing about him but if its for fullback i would prefer someone who can defend first (i don't know he cant, but having close dribbling skills its the first priority of a fullback)

[QUOTE="Tron Coltrane, post: 9563739, member: 21619" He'll have a job to do for us, if nothing else than to relieve pressure on others.

Also regarding Zinchenko, hopefully we're holding onto him in the absence of any LB signings. He has experience at the position, and the idea of someone with that kind of close control in a backline is hilarious.

he is just an average player....he will do a job for us isn't good enough to where we want to be - aubamayang would have done that job for us but better and covered other eventualities (losing Kun) which Nolito won't

and as for Zinchenko..i know nothing about him but if its for fullback i would prefer someone who can defend first (i don't know he cant, but having close dribbling skills its the first priority of a fullback)[/QUOTE]

FFS You're a little ray of sunshine. How about you judge how they play for US after they've played for US.

and as for Zinchenko..i know nothing about him but if its for fullback i would prefer someone who can defend first (i don't know he cant, but having close dribbling skills its the first priority of a fullback)

FFS You're a little ray of sunshine. How about you judge how they play for US after they've played for US.[/QUOTE]

Haha.....you know nothing about me....

Ive already said numerous times that I think Gudongan is a superb buy but just cause i don't rate one player (nolito) that we have bought then you think its ok to have a little go....instead why don't you try something constructive to counter my argument as thats what forums should be for not just one off comments to attack other posters....go on...a healthy debate is good for the soul

="Tron Coltrane, post: 9563739, member: 21619" He'll have a job to do for us, if nothing else than to relieve pressure on others.

Right, we're narrowing in on the same page... I think Nolito is a very good squad player (though to be fair it's all a squad game). He's just a guy who would improve our 20-man roster and only cost £14m. He's a really good player who might not be our first choice, but when the games pile up he can relieve the burden admirably. It was just a case of good value, and it happened to time out with an age profile and future prospects who could be ready to step up in 2-3 years. Win-win.

As for Zinchenko, that's why I included the "experience at the position" part when discussing him as a LB. Nobody continued to play him there despite an inability to defend. It's just fun to talk about bonus traits outside of defending for a possible defender. Why would you want somebody with Clichy's playing profile if you could have someone with Alaba's (not a discussion of their difference in class, just a style thing)?

and as for Zinchenko..i know nothing about him but if its for fullback i would prefer someone who can defend first (i don't know he cant, but having close dribbling skills its the first priority of a fullback)[/QUOTE]

Nolito will bang in 10-15 goals and take goalscoring pressure off Aguero. His constant movement will bring others into play and open up defences.

Pep has virtually a blank chequebook and he chose to sign Nolito. That should tell you everything about his quality.

Or else watch the Barcelona or Real Madrid games, where despite being in an average team, he completely stole the show and tore them apart - a better performance than any city player has ever put in vs. Barcelona or Madrid.

If the last premier league season hasn't shown you that good players in the right systems are better than star players Who don't suit or are out of position then nothing will.

Not to mention Aubameyang was never that effective out wide. He certainly wasn't worth £60m, so to buy him and then play him ther would be a colossal waste of money and could only lead to failure.

You seem to be actively looking for negativity in our signings. You start your comment on Zinchenko by saying you've never seen him play, but then say he's not good enough because "you'd prefer someone who can defend first" - but hang on, you've never seen him play, but you know he can't defend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.