The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Striker is probably Aubameyang - if Dortmund will sell. Not sure re the Keeper MAST seems disproportionately expensive but I think it's clear Pep wants a number one. Maybe the Portuguese goalie he looked good in France. Not sure of other striker options but probably someone pacey who links up well.
Sounds good to me. Although how it all falls into squad regulations boggles my mind. :-)

Been watching Jo perform well for years. 60 minutes in a couple of pre season friendlies is hardly going to effect my judgement.

I've been watching Joe for 6 years too, and he's never going to be the kind of keeper Pep wants.

Best case scenario for Joe is we get an old keeper like Bravo who takes over as number 1 until Hart can improve on the ball to the point where he's capable.

Yeah, the preseason where none of the 3 goalkeepers could pass the ball 10 yards and the "Number 1" shat himself every time he had the ball at his feet, and in the end just resorted to hoofing it away.
Exaggerations rarely, if ever, help a person's arguement.

The arguably one of a kind Neuer has really skewed people's perceptions.

I've been watching Joe for 6 years too, and he's never going to be the kind of keeper Pep wants.

Best case scenario for Joe is we get an old keeper like Bravo who takes over as number 1 until Hart can improve on the ball to the point where he's capable.
At this stage of his career i very much doubt Joe will suddenly develop the technical ability required of a Pep side,hope i'm wrong but i see that mainly as a natural talent,you've either posess a certain level or you don't.

Last edited:
I really like Joe. Both for his GK skills and his personality, but to get the best from him we need at least serious competition for his place. Not just a backup.

At this stage of his career i very much Joe will suddenly develop the technical ability required of a Pep side,hope i'm wrong but i see that mainly as a natural talent,you've either posess a certain level or you don't.

Nor do I, but his standing at the club, and a lack of available long term alternatives might buy him one more season to fight for his place.

Would like to be greedy and ask for another CM and a fullback but need to see what the young lads can do....I really dont want to see Kolarov near the starting 11 this season, so hopefully the young lads have impressed Pep enough to get a shot in the team. Still another 3 weeks so anything possible and I think Stones could be the last signing....

Exaggerations rarely, if ever, help a person's arguement.

The arguably one of a kind Neuer has really skewed people's perceptions.

Ter Stegen can do everything Neuer can do with the ball and more - and I wish I was exaggerating but I wasn't. They were literally struggling to make 10-15m passes, and when they did make them, it was after so much hesitation we almost conceded several times.

Tolmie has said a GK and a forward, I'd put money on GK being the bigger priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.