The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The signing of Stones will help the keepers immensely, I noticed in the England v Turkey game (at ours) that Joe was often giving it to Stones' feet during that friendly.
I'm sure that will be the case throughout most games this season, providing he adheres to instruction.

That's a very good point.

Just come in from work, and not wanting to wade through all of today's posts, so can somebody please reveal the name(s) of new, potential signings which TH was alluding to last night ?

I gather Stones is signed, but who else is in the frame ?

A good point.

And Zin, I understand where you're coming from, I'd just prefer Gunn to that other thing we have in yellow.
time-is-broken-2-by-applepo3-320x214.jpg

Saw on Citywatch that Xabi is following us on twitter. Anyone think we could be interested in him? Just curious, I know I am going on based on literally nothing. But knows the Pep system out and out and we have been crying out for another CM.

I got the impression he ignored instruction from Pellegrini, as it appeared we were set up to play the ball out a lot more, but he would quite often tell the defenders to fuck off & lump it (to the lino) even when he had time & space. Pel let him do it, Pep won't. In fact I'd guess it's curtains after one game or two at the most if he doesn't do as instructed. He has to at least try & do it & be willing to learn. The team won't function if he hits it long imo.

It was rare the defence looked ready to receive the ball though. And when they were, it was Mangala under pressure, so you can see why he'd rather lump it into the crowd.

The thing that really infuriated me - he'd wave everyone forward and to the right, so why then not kick it left into yards of space and let Sterling take on the fullback in a race? You could only get away with it a couple of times, but then the opposition would have to spread out giving more chance when hitting it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.