The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A goalkeeper who suits Pep's style makes sense.

Another forward surprises me. Any predictions?

Why do City fans think players who are not brilliant for us are rubbish - Bony's goal scoring record for Swansea was phenominal, he is only 26. When you consider Liverpool are asking for 32mill for Benteke and Watford turned down 30 mill for Deeney then looks to me that Everton would be getting a good deal.

Unless we pay 50 mill and sell for 5 some people are not happy. We need to start making some money back on players we sell - yes his wages are probably high but so is the current transfer markey for English clubs.
We don't. We just know enough to factor in the wage discrepancy when discussing fees.

I'd rather have Joe panic than Willy aimlessly pass it to the oppo strikers like he has done five times so far in preseason.

You have to respect your Caesar, that is the point.... He's even telling the players that if they make mistakes it's 'OK', as long as it's doing what he asks..

Personally, I don't think Joe thinks quick enough when under pressure to execute what Pep will want... It may not even be intentional but if he continues to blast it without thought, he's off!!!

You have to respect your Caesar, that is the point.... He's even telling the players that if they make mistakes it's 'OK', as long as it's doing what he asks..

Personally, I don't think Joe thinks quick enough when under pressure to execute what Pep will want... It may not even be intentional but if he continues to blast it without thought, he's off!!!
Yeah I agree. But I'd prefer him to kick it long all season and be sold for a ball playing keeper than have Willy being the obedient servant and pass it to their striker two or three times a game.

I got the impression he ignored instruction from Pellegrini, as it appeared we were set up to play the ball out a lot more, but he would quite often tell the defenders to fuck off & lump it (to the lino) even when he had time & space. Pel let him do it, Pep won't. In fact I'd guess it's curtains after one game or two at the most if he doesn't do as instructed. He has to at least try & do it & be willing to learn. The team won't function if he hits it long imo.

I'm sure even Willy would be happy to be able to pass it out to Stones now without fear of a bambi on ice reenactment.

His signing alone will improve distribution.

Yeah I agree. But I'd prefer him to kick it long all season and be sold for a ball playing keeper than have Willy being the obedient servant and pass it to their striker two or three times a game.

Not me mate, he's infuriated me for over 18 months with his insistence on hitting the same diagonal ball to navas, silva, kun et al.... Obviously you'd go with Joe in a real game scenario as his faults are nowhere near his plus points, however, unfortunately his Achilles heel is a requirement in the future of this team...

Hard decisions are made by the top managers, this is one of the easy ones for pep!!

I'm sure even Willy would be happy to be able to pass it out to Stones now without fear of a bambi on ice reenactment.

His signing alone will improve distribution.
A good point.

And Zin, I understand where you're coming from, I'd just prefer Gunn to that other thing we have in yellow.

The signing of Stones will help the keepers immensely, I noticed in the England v Turkey game (at ours) that Joe was often giving it to Stones' feet during that friendly.
I'm sure that will be the case throughout most games this season, providing he adheres to instruction.

A good point.

And Zin, I understand where you're coming from, I'd just prefer Gunn to that other thing we have in yellow.

I was surprised by how nervous Gunn was on the ball, I expected more from an academy keeper given their style of play.

Perhaps it was just nerves though and Dortmund have as intense a press as anyone in the game. Most of the time it would be nowhere near as high pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.