The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah thanks, I really think we'll be using Rulli by next season (if not January) and his transfer was as confusing as it was so that we can make that "marquee" signing and stay within FFP.
Edit: then again I'm probably way off and Stones is the last one in
We are obligated to sell Rulli in January, no? 2018 at the earliest for him.

A CM and a striker were the priorities for me. We have failed to address both. I have to say its been another poor transfer window in my eyes.

I sat here last summer and said these were the key areas to improve and predicted a poor season.

I'm hoping Pep can work miracles with our existing squad but a front line of Aguero, Bony and Iheanacho is not good enough for me.

Gundogan a good player, sure. But we're basically left with the same garbage of last year.
Your analysis of our needs was poor. So it's no surprise you are disappointed.

Signing a striker is all fine and dandy however he would have to be better than bony and kelechi and be prepared to sit on the bench a lot. If we managed to shift bony then we would no doubt sign someone. I think stones and another top quality midfielder would be a perfect window.
Nope. Not even then. We are not simply shifting Bony because he is bad, we are shipping him coz we have too many players at that position. Aguero and Kelechi are 1 and 2. If we find a better 2, Kelechi will be loaned out. We simply can't carry 3 strikers on a team that only employs1. And has 4-5 attacking midfielders who can play there in a pinch.

We are not buying s striker. Period.

It all seems a bit Mancini to me, ie: 'we still have some money left so let's spend it'.

We have Nolito, Sterling, Sane, Aguero, Iheanacho who can all play in a front 3, plus DeBruyne & Silva who usually play in attacking positions (but possibly might sometimes be played deeper) Gabriel Jesus already sorted for the winter 'freshening up' signing, Yaya has been playing a bit further up pre season, Navas is still here at the moment as is Zinchenko still, then we have a plethora of exciting attacking kids & Moreno already signed for next season.

i'm sure Bobby or Pelle would try to spend every penny we have left, because they can, but I'd be a bit disappointed if Pep did the same.

A keeper would make sense. As would Alonso for his CL experience in particular.
Was clapping you until him. Don't care how many CL games he has played don't want him near our club. Pep has a blind spot for that one. He'll play him as much as possible. And dude is getting older, slower, and more mistake prone by the minute.

That I'd like.
Some people might think that buying these young players like Coric will hinder our youth's chances to get into the first team. I think the EDS boys like Barker, etc were never really good enough for the first team anyway (except for Angelino, Maffeo, Tosin). I think if we buy someone like Coric, it will then be just the right timing until our U18s - Brahim, Davenport, Sancho, Gonzalez, Garre etc get into the first team. By that time the likes of Fernandinho, Silva, etc will be gone and our starters would be Gabriel Jesus, Moreno, Sane etc and the U18s guy would be around 20 and could be the backups. Exciting times!

Some people might think that buying these young players like Coric will hinder our youth's chances to get into the first team. I think the EDS boys like Barker, etc were never really good enough for the first team anyway (except for Angelino, Maffeo, Tosin). I think if we buy someone like Coric, it will then be just the right timing until our U18s - Brahim, Davenport, Sancho, Gonzalez, Garre etc get into the first team. By that time the likes of Fernandinho, Silva, etc will be gone and our starters would be Gabriel Jesus, Moreno, Sane etc and the U18s guy would be around 20 and could be the backups. Exciting times!

Garre not heard of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.