The Art Thread

OK you arty types, we are putting the finishing touches to our new house. We have lots of walls with high ceilings to fill up and some corridors. It's Spanish style, so was thinking of series of the classics like Rembrandt, van Gogh, Monet, that sort of thing (not the originals obviously) :)

Any other ideas? Not ruling more modern stuff out. Abstract has an appeal being a mathematician at heart. Walls are all coloured between off-white and cream, if that's important.
Kandinsky might fit the bill.

Personally I prefer originals from lesser known artists with their own style and we have always decorated our house with those. We have our favourite and we currently have a few of his around our flat here to maintain a similarity of style/feel. Fortunately he's still alive, so if we need more we know where to go.

Do you want a painting of it?

Here's another of Bosham harbour.

Wish I could do you a deal on one, but we either get the oldies he can't sell or maybe the odd print which he doesn't cease telling us how much he could sell it for!

View attachment 130813
Nice. My family has a lot of history there, years ago two great great etc etc Uncles ran pubs in the village (one was the Anchor Bleu) and the other Uncle was the vicar. Sadly since my Auntie died in 2010 no one else lives in the village. Same with the next village along, Chidham, loads of my family lived and worked there.

Has he still got the house one? It's an image I have burnt in my brain, leaving the Anchor Bleu or Yacht Club hammered and heading over the green.

Nice. My family has a lot of history there, years ago two great great etc etc Uncles ran pubs in the village (one was the Anchor Bleu) and the other Uncle was the vicar. Sadly since my Auntie died in 2010 no one else lives in the village. Same with the next village along, Chidham, loads of my family lived and worked there.

Has he still got the house one? It's an image I have burnt in my brain, leaving the Anchor Bleu or Yacht Club hammered and heading over the green.

I don't know the area myself, but any place where you've got family running the pubs is going to live long in the memory! Looks like a nice part of the world based on his art! He's got prints of it online but assume he has sold the original. I will drop him a line and ask though. The originals are usually a couple of grand but prints are more reasonable.

Here's a link to his website and that painting. "Happy go Salty" it's called if the link doesn't work.

I don't know the area myself, but any place where you've got family running the pubs is going to live long in the memory! Looks like a nice part of the world based on his art! He's got prints of it online but assume he has sold the original. I will drop him a line and ask though. The originals are usually a couple of grand but prints are more reasonable.

Here's a link to his website and that painting. "Happy go Salty" it's called if the link doesn't work.
Thanks mate, can you ask him if Salty is Bosham please. It looks right, jetty included, but conformation would be nice.

Madrid is great for art. I have been lucky enough to visit what are IMO the finest galleries in Europe and Madrid has a number of those.

There are also some nice ones in Prague and I often spend my Winter days wandering around them.
Vienna another brilliant City for art.
The churches in Venice another.

I was at the Kith and Kinship Norman Cornish and LS Lowry exhibition at the Bowes Museum in Barnard Castle.
A bit of a trek but easy enough by train from Newcastle to Darlington then bus from Darlington to Bowes Museum.
Great day out.Oustanding exhibition.One of the best.

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_7CBEC24E-3A0D-44D3-9175-68C58233AB77.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_7CBEC24E-3A0D-44D3-9175-68C58233AB77.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Messenger_creation_12BE8A47-83AE-4416-9199-DF1802604F51.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_12BE8A47-83AE-4416-9199-DF1802604F51.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Messenger_creation_5F7AC2C1-F209-4C06-ADD7-B535A5B8E620.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_5F7AC2C1-F209-4C06-ADD7-B535A5B8E620.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Messenger_creation_983AB820-7CCC-4412-ACCC-514C932218FB.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_983AB820-7CCC-4412-ACCC-514C932218FB.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Messenger_creation_EF1BD62C-35BD-414A-9018-008EB88EFA52.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_EF1BD62C-35BD-414A-9018-008EB88EFA52.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 5

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.