The Art Thread

I used to like art when I was younger, and enjoyed painting but haven't done any for a number of years. My wife is very artistic but life gets in the way. Her Dad is an artist and has made a career out of it so must be okay. It's a tough living and he's always looking for that piece which brings recognition but I have to tell him that sadly if he gets any it will be years after he dies, as is the case in a lot of art forms.

A few of his below. Before any smart arse says anything, the arrows are to scroll through off his website and not a feature!

View attachment 130698View attachment 130699View attachment 130700View attachment 130701
Why does he draw arrows?

Who is Nigel?

Top one looks like Bosham.

I used to like art when I was younger, and enjoyed painting but haven't done any for a number of years. My wife is very artistic but life gets in the way. Her Dad is an artist and has made a career out of it so must be okay. It's a tough living and he's always looking for that piece which brings recognition but I have to tell him that sadly if he gets any it will be years after he dies, as is the case in a lot of art forms.

A few of his below. Before any smart arse says anything, the arrows are to scroll through off his website and not a feature!

View attachment 130698View attachment 130699View attachment 130700View attachment 130701

I'm a bit of a Philistine when it comes to art but the Sheep painting has something about it and looks half decent.

OK you arty types, we are putting the finishing touches to our new house. We have lots of walls with high ceilings to fill up and some corridors. It's Spanish style, so was thinking of series of the classics like Rembrandt, van Gogh, Monet, that sort of thing (not the originals obviously) :)

Any other ideas? Not ruling more modern stuff out. Abstract has an appeal being a mathematician at heart. Walls are all coloured between off-white and cream, if that's important.

I already have my City wall, so more pictures of Aguero ....

I think they are really good mate

I must admit, just dont get abstract expressionism or conceptual art. Pop art, Cubism and Dadaism I get but just dont like.

The rest, I guess what people would call more traditional graphic art I generally appreciate and can understand the effort behind them.

I’m probably the same. I love art that tells a story or lets you find out about a story. I’m a bit of a WW2 geek and this is probably my most prized painting, not for value or even artistic quality but it’s probably the only known picture from the sinking of SS Henry Bacon and was painted by someone who was there. Every time I look at it I see another personal story.

IMG_4915.jpeg

OK you arty types, we are putting the finishing touches to our new house. We have lots of walls with high ceilings to fill up and some corridors. It's Spanish style, so was thinking of series of the classics like Rembrandt, van Gogh, Monet, that sort of thing (not the originals obviously) :)

Any other ideas? Not ruling more modern stuff out. Abstract has an appeal being a mathematician at heart. Walls are all coloured between off-white and cream, if that's important.

I already have my City wall, so more pictures of Aguero ....
Get some big canvases and paint your own abstract impressionist paintings.
Tester pots of emulsion are great. Bit of black, grey and primary colours, jobs a good un.

I'm a bit of a Philistine when it comes to art but the Sheep painting has something about it and looks half decent.

I'm the same mate. They're big and bold and full of colour so I like them. He's made a career out of it so must be doing something right.
Why does he draw arrows?

Who is Nigel?

Top one looks like Bosham.

Yeah he lives down in Sussex so the majority are from the coast and countryside around there.

That's my old house...

Do you want a painting of it?

Here's another of Bosham harbour.

Wish I could do you a deal on one, but we either get the oldies he can't sell or maybe the odd print which he doesn't cease telling us how much he could sell it for!

1725448655274.png

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.