The Art Thread

I must admit, just dont get abstract expressionism or conceptual art. Pop art, Cubism and Dadaism I get but just dont like.

The rest, I guess what people would call more traditional graphic art I generally appreciate and can understand the effort behind them.

In our rundown seaside town artists are allowed to place art onto empty shops to brighten up the place.
To me it looks crap and not in keeping with a family seaside image.

View attachment 130690
For me that's a brilliant idea, and would work even better in bigger cities. Like how you have mural trails you could create similar with this, get people moving about the town to less visited areas. How do they work it though? Some kind of a deal between the council and landlords?

I must admit, just dont get abstract expressionism or conceptual art. Pop art, Cubism and Dadaism I get but just dont like.

The rest, I guess what people would call more traditional graphic art I generally appreciate and can understand the effort behind them.
I’m a bit of a philistine but I love pop art. Lichtenstein, Warhol, Blake.

I used to like art when I was younger, and enjoyed painting but haven't done any for a number of years. My wife is very artistic but life gets in the way. Her Dad is an artist and has made a career out of it so must be okay. It's a tough living and he's always looking for that piece which brings recognition but I have to tell him that sadly if he gets any it will be years after he dies, as is the case in a lot of art forms.

A few of his below. Before any smart arse says anything, the arrows are to scroll through off his website and not a feature!

Nigel 1.JPGNigel 2.JPGNigel 4.JPGNigel 5.JPG

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.