The Ashes 2010/2011 thread

bluegonads said:
conormcfc said:
Surprised blue down under hasn't logged on to give his thoughts on today's action.

he's bound to come n have a look sometime, lets remind him of his words............
runs runs runs
This one?
Blue down under said:
runs runs runs...

Min you, he's had a few belters;
Blue down under said:
nice session by the poms...
150 minutes without a wicket, and all of england tucked away asleep knowing that another test loss is in progress at the gabba.
order restored ;)

Blue down under said:
england kidnapp players from everywhere!
half the current side is south african, you have a irish lad morgan waiting in the wings, gosh you even gave darren pattinson a go!
and after all of that, your team is still shite

Blue down under said:
HAHA
bad luck poms, go to bed

Counting-chickens-B4-Hatched.jpg

Superb day for England and much needed it was too. Now our batsmen know for sure that in Aussie terms this is a very poor bowling attack. Had it not been for that spell by Siddle, helped by some poor shot choices from us, we'd have won this.

I don't think there's much chance of winning tomorrow so, with only a few days until the next test I would make the Aussies bowl all day long. If we then bat first again in the second test there's a good chance their bowlers will be pretty tired. It also gives all of our bowlers a break and the batsman a chance to get a few runs. It wouldn't be popular and would be seen as a negative but I see it as giving us more of a chance in the second test and as long as we get through the first hour tonight I would go on and on and on.

jay_mcfc said:
Superb day for England and much needed it was too. Now our batsmen know for sure that in Aussie terms this is a very poor bowling attack. Had it not been for that spell by Siddle, helped by some poor shot choices from us, we'd have won this.

I don't think there's much chance of winning tomorrow so, with only a few days until the next test I would make the Aussies bowl all day long. If we then bat first again in the second test there's a good chance their bowlers will be pretty tired. It also gives all of our bowlers a break and the batsman a chance to get a few runs. It wouldn't be popular and would be seen as a negative but I see it as giving us more of a chance in the second test and as long as we get through the first hour tonight I would go on and on and on.

Got a feeling though the ausies will bring in two new bowlers so I'd have a hour and half of bowling at them get a few wickets to get there confidence down

Excellent days work by our Boys. This is not an Aussie side to fear; especially Bowling wise. If KP can stick it to them tomorrow it will set us up nicely for the second Test.

Ntini77 said:
Can't help but feel England would of won this test if they bowled first.

I agree! before the toss I said I hope we lose it, because we all new who ever won the toss was going to bat.

Brilliant from all 3 batsmen
Got got the luck we didnt get the day before
Even though more than likely this will end a draw i reckon it will feel like a victory to England as they now have the belief the can win down under
Big questions will now be asked about Australia A) the Aussie bowling attack and B) Ponting's captaincy because at times it looked like they didnt have any plans to get the batsmen out. North was their most dangerous bowler!

News headlines tomorrow

UK
The Empire Strikes Back!

Australia
The ACB try to lure Warne and McGrath out of retirement

well done Cook and Trott for batting on after Strauss's stupid sudden urge to audition for Strictly Come Dancing before tea yesterday.

Game's safe now virtually, scores like 30/40 from the likes of KP, Prior and/or Bell and 20 odds from Broad, Swann etc. would add up to enough runs anyway, so barring a complete and utter horrific collapse we're alright, looking for Cook to make a 200 and Trott to make his 100 tomorrow.

Ntini77 said:
I can see Steve Smith & Doug 'The Rug' playing in Adelaide at the expense of North & Johnson.

Funnily enough, North looks like Australia's best spinner to me. :)

I think they'll take Doherty out and bring Smith or Bollinger in. They wont drop Johnson because they think hes class, when hes actually a bag of shite. I think they will stick with North because he could chip in with runs and is probably their best spinner and thats including Smith who like Johnson is massively overrated. Doesnt spin the ball much and i can see our batters going after him and smashing him all over the place if he plays.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:58 pm --<br /><br />
JoeMercer'sWay said:
well done Cook and Trott for batting on after Strauss's stupid sudden urge to audition for Strictly Come Dancing before tea yesterday.

Game's safe now virtually, scores like 30/40 from the likes of KP, Prior and/or Bell and 20 odds from Broad, Swann etc. would add up to enough runs anyway, so barring a complete and utter horrific collapse we're alright, looking for Cook to make a 200 and Trott to make his 100 tomorrow.

If Cook does make 200 and Trott goes on to make a century then theres every chance we could win this. If they get in and score at around 4 an over and then push on with about 10 overs before they declare and try to push the rr up to about 6 then we can put them in and have a right go at them. Anything could happen tomorrow but id rather we just guaranteed a draw 1st and then see how things are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.