The Bangles Eternal flame....

View attachment 15815

Part of the Paisley Underground originally before they went mainstream.

I was watching a Prince documentary today and he named his studios Paisley Park in minnesota after the paisley underground movement.

Song always makes me emotional and reminds me of Hillsborough, don't know why I immediately remember the scenes of that terrible day and really strong sadness of how the fans reached for help that never came.
Sometimes music takes you to a place that you may have forgotten and not only good times.
Would never select the song ever but that doesn't mean it's not a great song.
I think that’s probably because it was number one around the time of Hillsborough - knocked Madonna’s Like A Prayer off the top spot IIRC. Eternal Flame had a strange ascent to the top though. For weeks and weeks it was in the lower echelons of the top 40 and going nowhere even though from memory it was getting a fair bit of airplay. Then all of a sudden it rocketed up the charts.

I was watching a Prince documentary today and he named his studios Paisley Park in minnesota after the paisley underground movement.
You can see why it never really made it big and any bands that did changed into pop groups. It lacked proper decent albums with really only “Emergency Third Rail Power Trip” by Rain Parade being a full album of any note.

But from what I’ve seen on documentaries and read in articles, the scene was great to be part of. Cool people who were the children of parents from the original 60s psych scene, great gigs, in a place that hadn’t had a scene of its own before...

The Dream Syndicate are still going, as is Hoffs!

She always ties with Natalie Imbruglia in my answer to " Best looking woman in music " thread though on balance Susannah Hoffs edges it - funny thing is she is so able to convey the music when she sings but when she tried her hand at acting I am afraid Susannah was as wooden as your average garden shed. Her husband of nearly 30 years Jay Roach is no looker but obviously makes her happy. She has had a couple of kids too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.