The battle for 3rd place

think were looking at 4th if liverpool beat watford tonight, manures run in the thursday cup will end and they will have another season of that to look forward to

Funny thing is we have outplayed every single team in the top 6 in both legs and have ended up with only one win and could drop out of the top 4. Amazing.

Sorry to keep banging the drum but failure to make top 4 in this, as weak a premier league as I've seen in years, would be nothing short of abject failure.

No excuses. It would mean the club had taken the biggest backwards step since the takeover. That's not an opinion, it's a straight up fact.

I remember the heady days of only a couple of years ago when city used to fight for titles and cups. We used to laugh at arsenal and other teams scrapping like crazy for "the 4th placed cup".

Now it's being spun as 'progress' over a season where we finished top 4 (easily), won a cup, and got to the first CL semi in our history.

The excuses for next year are already being written. "Struggling to attract 'Peps sort of players' ", "transition".

This season is already a huge disappointment and failure. Dropping out of top four with this squad, in this league, would be nothing short of a grotesque joke.

There is one positive though. We on here have finally got a forum where it is a banning offence to criticise the manager. Shame we didn't have one when we had managers who actually achieved their aims and made us champions. I wonder how many thread bans were handed out for calling a title winning manager a 'fucking senile old corpse'?

Funny thing is we have outplayed every single team in the top 6 in both legs and have ended up with only one win and could drop out of the top 4. Amazing.

cant see us not finishing 4th now,,big big game is palace and to mirror that we want manure to lose if that happens i think were near to home and dry,but we should have put this to bed at the derby if we had won that and away to boro then palace would have sealed it

I've said it before and I still feel the same...

Not at all too bothered about dropping out CL places....we would stand a great chance of doing a domestic double next season

How so, Liverpool's to lose? - we win 2-0 or 3-1 Saturday and go third on goal difference.

We have similar games to them, just one more of them. And only 1 goal behind them.

Win our 4 games and we will very likely finish 3rd and definitely 4th, so ours to lose just as much as theirs.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.