The battle for 3rd place

It's amazing how we're not confident in beating a team that's 16th.....at home!

they have beaten a few of the top 6 in the last few games including chelsea........they will be tough

leicester always do a number on us....they are et up perfectly to soak up the 85% possession that we will have and use the other 15% to punish us...esp if we play a back three!

they have beaten a few of the top 6 in the last few games including chelsea........they will be tough

leicester always do a number on us....they are et up perfectly to soak up the 85% possession that we will have and use the other 15% to punish us...esp if we play a back three!

Yup. One long ball to vardy and we're in trouble.

Worrying times when we require a dive from Sane to rescue a point at Boro, pep said in post match that the next 4 games will determine if we deserve a champions league spot or not, if we can't win the next 3 at home then we deserve all the shit and criticism that a Europa league spot is gonna bring, tired of the excuses and disinterested play, I've felt for a long while that we have too many out of contract players that don't give a shit where we are next year in key positions (fb) and ultimately if we miss out that will be the reason

That could mean they'll play with more freedom.

How have Palace got nothing to play for? Swansea are 3rd bottom and can close to within 3 points of them with 2 games left if they win next weekend and we win. They are not safe.

Replacing Hart wasn't the mistake as his season in Italy is showing, replacing him with Bravo as opposed to another keeper is proving to be a mistake in hindsight.
Hindsight is imperfect, because it is impossible to replicate what has happened to Hart in Italy with what he would have faced in England. He is certainly not the sweeper that Bravo is, but he is a significantly better keeper given our experience of both.

I'm not sure why so many on here are confident we will achieve top 4 (this was my guess at the start of the season by the way).

Our home form in the league has been abysmal (7 draws, 8 wins and 1 loss), the kind of results Mark Hughes was sacked for eventually and scoring only 27 goals at home is atrocious for the attacking forwards and midfielders we have.
You're a cheery little fellow.

Doesn't it also reduce the TV money pot as it goes five ways rather than four?

Last edited:
Hindsight is imperfect, because it is impossible to replicate what has happened to Hart in Italy with what he would have faced in England. He is certainly not the sweeper that Bravo is, but he is a significantly better keeper given our experience of both.

Both have had fairly poor seasons for whatever reason. Maybe they haven't settled in a new league/country, maybe they are both in decline or they just don't suit the league they are playing in. Both clearly have been very good goalkeepers for many years now but have struggled recently. I suspect neither is what we really need as first choice keeper and hopefully we'll be after a new one in the Summer as Caballero will be out of contract and I guess we'll be selling at least one of Hart/Bravo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.