The battle for 3rd place

We have a huge advantage over rags & Arse, in goal difference, which requires them to absolutely destroy teams to catch up. Unlikely, so that's an extra point, in effect.

Only Arsenal can catch us imo. And I think they will drop points.

1 more win will be enough for 4th but we really need 3rd otherwise the summer window could be very difficult

Seven points would be enough
Liverpool's max points is 76
United's is 74
Arsenal is 75
We sit on 69 with 3 games remaining

Yep, 7 points guarantees us 4th at least. It might be enough for 3rd even if Liverpool win their last 2 games due to us forging ahead of them on goal difference at the weekend. Our GD is 4 better than theirs but they have scored more goals so let's call it 3. While I expect them to bang in a few in the last game of the season against a 'Boro side that will surely be relegated by then, it might be a bit tighter in their game against West Ham.

Anyway, one game at a time - let's try and get those 3 points against Leicester first. I agree with the other poster that that game is the trickiest looking of our remaining 3. If we can get the points on the board, then it puts added pressure on the others.

Only Arsenal can catch us imo. And I think they will drop points.

1 more win will be enough for 4th but we really need 3rd otherwise the summer window could be very difficult

A win on Saturday would go a long way toward sealing 3rd I recon. Scousers away at West Ham on Sunday.

Time Leicster faced a full tilt City team rather than a half arsed or disjointed version.

Yep, 7 points guarantees us 4th at least. It might be enough for 3rd even if Liverpool win their last 2 games due to us forging ahead of them on goal difference at the weekend. Our GD is 4 better than theirs but they have scored more goals so let's call it 3. While I expect them to bang in a few in the last game of the season against a 'Boro side that will surely be relegated by then, it might be a bit tighter in their game against West Ham.

Anyway, one game at a time - let's try and get those 3 points against Leicester first. I agree with the other poster that that game is the trickiest looking of our remaining 3. If we can get the points on the board, then it puts added pressure on the others.
Yeah I can't see in Liverpool's form them really battering anyone; we also have an extra game to reinforce our goal difference advantage over them

It's in our own hands, it would take a big fuck up to not get in it now. Arsenal are 3 behind (if they win their game in hand) with us still having a much better goal difference. Leicester is the tricky one

would be nice to end the season with 3 wins and get straight into the market for the exact players pep wants to get that title back!

City coast into 3rd, United finish 6th and get beat on pens in the UEFA final, happy days.

Sorry for being stupid but what difference does 3rd or 4th make to our summer transfer dealings ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.