The battle for 3rd place

4th= Qualifier for champions league like the one we played against bucharest
3rd= No qualifier

Get that bit just don't don't see why it holds us up in bringing players in. Is it players might not sign until we are in group stages for sure

Get that bit just don't don't see why it holds us up in bringing players in. Is it players might not sign until we are in group stages for sure
No but it would be embarrassing to sign them and then muck up in the qualifiers and then end up in the Europa league for next season

is this whole malarkey about finishing in/out of the CL and the impact it would have on who we could sign an admission that we have a worse pull than United?

they've signed some pretty big named/priced players, whatever you think of them

If we are talking about 4th I think 4 points will do it.

For 3rd, 2 wins.

I want 3rd and 3 wins. Finish strongly and make a statement.

Finishing 3rd also allows us to start our business early which is going to be more critical than ever this summer.

i realy doubt finishing 3rd or 4th would have any impact whatsoever over signings, how would it alow us to start our busines any earlyer?,the bottom line would be is that we would have a two legged play off and if we faild that then we donrt deserve to progress

Sorry for being stupid but what difference does 3rd or 4th make to our summer transfer dealings ?
I guess 3rd gives us the advantage/option of a full pre-season,on our terms,without the distraction of playing unnecessary qualifier games.

As for the signings themselves,i dont think it will impact our targets remotely.

Liverpool are probably nailed on to get 6 points from their last two games against West Ham away and Middlesbrough at home.
Therefore we need a minimum of 7 points in our last 3 games to better them assuming our GD of +4 stays positive.
To me this makes the Leicester game on Saturday absolutely pivotal to our top four finish.
Lose on Saturday and it is going to be real nail-biter! The Arse have Southampton away (tough one) Stoke away (who knows?) and and Sunderland at home in the last game of their season. I am assuming the Rags don't beat Spurs (away) in their next game but Chelsea could have wrapped up the title before this game even kicks off so Spurs could be on the beach with second place done and dusted.
If we beat Leicester I reckon the job is done.

I guess 3rd gives us the advantage/option of a full pre-season,on our terms,without the distraction of playing unnecessary qualifier games.

As for the signings themselves,i dont think it will impact our targets remotely.

pre season is done with by the time the qualifiers kick in. im sure our qualifiers this season were slotted in between the 2nd game of the season 'may be wrong'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.