The battle for 3rd place

I wouldn't say it's bias. I'd say it's reflective of the games Liverpool have struggled with this season. If they'd had our results against teams in the bottom half then they'd be top.

Its not so much bias against Liverpool, there's good reason to expect them to slip up. Just a slight bias in favour of City. We can also drop points against lower teams eg Stoke. And if you look at our results against the top 7, the derby's not a given.

I did say that I agreed with him that we will finish above Liverpool. I just dont think it will be as comfortable as he predicted.

Not read all the thread but I'm confident:

Leicester win CL, Salford fail EL, 5 places including top 4 in PL.

Vice Versa, still 5 places in PL and top 4 in PL.

Leicester and Salford win CL and EL, still 5 places but only top 3 in the PL qualify.

EL and CL winners go straight to the group stages for next seasons CL.

If 4th place qualifies for the CL a 2 legged qualifier will be played in August to get to the CL group stage for the 17/18 competition.

17/18 domestic season, due to a rule change, top 4 from the countries with the 4 highest coefficients (which at the moment is Spain, Germany, England and Italy) qualify automatically for the 18/19 CL group stages but still no one country can have more than 5 teams in the CL.

Apologies if this has been done to death.

Not read all the thread but I'm confident:

Leicester win CL, Salford fail EL, 5 places including top 4 in PL.

Vice Versa, still 5 places in PL and top 4 in PL.

Leicester and Salford win CL and EL, still 5 places but only top 3 in the PL qualify.

EL and CL winners go straight to the group stages for next seasons CL.

If 4th place qualifies for the CL a 2 legged qualifier will be played in August to get to the CL group stage for the 17/18 competition.

17/18 domestic season, due to a rule change, top 4 from the countries with the 4 highest coefficients (which at the moment is Spain, Germany, England and Italy) qualify automatically for the 18/19 CL group stages but still no one country can have more than 5 teams in the CL.

Apologies if this has been done to death.

What has Salford got to do with anything?

Its not so much bias against Liverpool, there's good reason to expect them to slip up. Just a slight bias in favour of City. We can also drop points against lower teams eg Stoke. And if you look at our results against the top 7, the derby's not a given.

I did say that I agreed with him that we will finish above Liverpool. I just dont think it will be as comfortable as he predicted.
I hope we win the derby.

When the dippers last won it didn't they finish outside the top four and we got an extra place?
If I remember the rule was changed because the dippers won it and were outside the top 4 .its since been changed again to allow five.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.