The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
..........Caballero
Zabba Dinho Mangala Clichy
.........Nando...Delph
KdB......Yaya...Nasri
.............Kun

The cavalry return. But the big elephant in the room is still Pellegrini. And frankly were in charge at the Camp Nou I am quite that they would not win the CL this year.

Delph is not a patch on YaYa even if he had to run around the entire pitch for 95mins. Sure, I'd take Delphi in the team to complement Yaya but not as his replacement. Nasri seems to play better with Yaya and KdB a totally different player.

As for running off the ball, silva does much less off this yet you give him a free pass . When kdb/nasri are back, silva should be first to drop out and Yaya moved further forward. As for "disaster and liability", he ran the show vs Kiev in what was quite. A big CL game, same in the cup final. The disaster an disability is the manager who hangs him out to dry.

He's also probably the only player in the squad capable of taking a cross , and is something like our 3rd top scorer .
Kiev are a Championship standard team who are physically much weaker

The biggest reason we lose every game against the top sides is because we are playing with 10 men. Toure is quality when he has the ball at his feet, but when he does not have it he is a huge liability that clubs really take advantage from. His defensive work is non-existent and he doesn't sprint into space which is a huge part of creating space and time on the ball for your team mates

Aguero, Silva, and aour defensive midfielders are all suffering because Toure;s game has dipped.

That's my last comment on the topic as I know it irritates some people.

..........Caballero
Zabba Dinho Mangala Clichy
.........Nando...Delph
KdB......Yaya...Nasri
.............Kun

The cavalry return. But the big elephant in the room is still Pellegrini. And frankly were in charge at the Camp Nou I am quite that they would not win the CL this year.

There's no way we are ever going to have all those names available at the same time, for whatever the reason is, be it the medical staff to blame, our training regime or just rotten luck, we're just not.

I can't even remember last time we had a fully fit squad.

Hopefully Pellegrini will see Demi is finished and never pick him again. This will go half way to fixing our defence. Get kdb and Nasri back for a bit of a change in playing personnel and we can do it. Top 4 is still in our hands and we should do it despite the old twat.

There's a better chance of you be coming our future captain than that happening. If he fails to see that bony is useless yet still plays him what makes you think he'll stop playing a corpse lol

navas puts a great shift in, but his quality in front of goal is shocking. He is not good enough

agree but form a winger/attacking play id expect more

to play KDB and not be affected by the cover that Navas provides and KDB doesn't then you have two choices

1. drill KDB so he knows what he has to to defensively - not difficult

2. fernando has to play - you saw today that when he came on the gaps disappeared - Im not his biggest fan but he does cover the species left by yaya

-------------------GK------------------------

----------------Back 4 -----------------------

--------------fernando ----------------------
ferna-----------yaya --------- KDB-------

------- --------Silva--------------------------------
--------------Kun-------------------------------------

now you could drop silva in some games KDB in some
you could sway them around in the line up above so KDB plays the number 10

delph for me has done nothing to justify being anywhere near the starting 11

or you drop toure but IM not sure that is the answer...he adds so much that when he is not there regardless of who else plays we just don't have control of the midfield as none of the others can do it

I completely agree with you. There is no excuse for this. It doesnt matter where we are in the Champions League at this point. We have no chance of winning it let alone beating PSG over 2 legs (on current form even 1 is a miracle).

This season has been dreadful and I do not see our form getting better in any way.

Neither do I and I have been saying this since earlier in the season when the ludicrous " we can still win the league" thread was created and agreed with by people who don't take what they see with their own eyes into consideration when making predictions.

We are not a good side. We play boring football, we have no plan B when plan A doesn't work (almost every game), we have some players with a poor work ethic, players who are not good enough at this level and we have a manager who let's face it was appointed as our manager on the back of next to no success at all.

The owners have dropped a huge bollock not sacking him last season and they could now easily pay a very heavy financial price.

So we should drop our best player of late? One of the few players today who cared and tried to get us level, be it as a cam, cm,cam or on the wing. No-one mentioned him giving a talking to to Demi during the horror show, something s captain meant to do. Without YAYA we were hopeless, with him we have a fighting chance.

I wonder if he'll say silva should be dropped too

Neither do I and I have been saying this since earlier in the season when the ludicrous " we can still win the league" thread was created and agreed with by people who don't take what they see with their own eyes into consideration when making predictions.

We are not a good side. We play boring football, we have no plan B when plan A doesn't work (almost every game), we have some players with a poor work ethic, players who are not good enough at this level and we have a manager who let's face it was appointed as our manager on the back of next to no success at all.

The owners have dropped a huge bollock not sacking him last season and they could now easily pay a very heavy financial price.

I agree they completely fucked up not firing him earlier. I think when the Pep anouncement came in we should have relieved Pellegrini and had someone Pep trusts to start implementing his regime change right away. Wouldnt have been perfect. Would have been a PR disaster but could have helped us with this horrible form.

We have been well off pace since October and he should have been gone long ago.

agree but form a winger/attacking play id expect more

to play KDB and not be affected by the cover that Navas provides and KDB doesn't then you have two choices

1. drill KDB so he knows what he has to to defensively - not difficult

2. fernando has to play - you saw today that when he came on the gaps disappeared - Im not his biggest fan but he does cover the species left by yaya

-------------------GK------------------------

----------------Back 4 -----------------------

--------------fernando ----------------------
ferna-----------yaya --------- KDB-------

------- --------Silva--------------------------------
--------------Kun-------------------------------------

now you could drop silva in some games KDB in some
you could sway them around in the line up above so KDB plays the number 10

delph for me has done nothing to justify being anywhere near the starting 11

or you drop toure but IM not sure that is the answer...he adds so much that when he is not there regardless of who else plays we just don't have control of the midfield as none of the others can do it
Fernandinho, Fernando, Delph, Nasri, Silva and KDB.

There's 6 quality players there who could easily be moulded into a 3 or 4. I'd go 442 now

Fernandinho, Delph, Silva and KDB with Aguero and Iheanacho up top but pellegrini will just stick to what has been struggling all season.

We do not deserve to finish in the top 4. I wish it was the last game of the season and we could say goodbye to this inept manager. he will go down in my book as a manager who squandered two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.