The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anymore. It seems every target we have, we fail to attain. We constantly slip up at every hurdle and seem to have zero hunger. We are so behind the title winning side of 2011/2012 it's ridiculous. No passion, no character and berift of both idea and emotion. We are essentially witnessing a collapse and there's nothing really to be done until Pep gets here.

I wonder if he'll say silva should be dropped too
if you put a player who could pass and move alongside Silva you'd instantly help Silva. He has to do all the slaloming and and work on his own because he has no one running off him. Silva's legs haven't gone even if he is struggling with injury. You can't carry players who can't keep up to pace at this level and this happens every single time we play against one of the better teams.

I don't know anymore. It seems every target we have, we fail to attain. We constantly slip up at every hurdle and seem to have zero hunger. We are so behind the title winning side of 2011/2012 it's ridiculous. No passion, no character and berift of both idea and emotion. We are essentially witnessing a collapse and there's nothing really to be done until Pep gets here.
It's incredible that Pellegrini hasn't made any big decisions. Even with the injuries we could play 2 forwards, and Sagna in central defence but he plays the same players and system that tried and failed repeatedly against the other top 6 teams and yet somehow he thinks that it will be different this time.

It's not bad luck. it's because one or two of our big players from the Mancini era have gone and he's too loyal towards them

if you put a player who could pass and move alongside Silva you'd instantly help Silva. He has to do all the slaloming and and work on his own because he has no one running off him. Silva's legs haven't gone even if he is struggling with injury. You can't carry players who can't keep up to pace at this level and this happens every single time we play against one of the better teams.

Same could be said about yaya.

well it's gone if we don't start banging in them in for fun again to compensate for all the goals that our so called defence gifts the opposition

Pellers is going to be given a new game show "Can't Score.....Won't Score"
It's depressing and shocking how toothless we have become. We have no right to finish in the top four and on current form we don't look likely to achieve it either.
It feels like typical city has returned with a vengeance.

At the minute 4th place is the best we can hope for, I don't think we will finish in the top 4, our form and confidence is shot too pieces, our manager is clueless.
What pisses me off is the possibility of missing out on Peps transfer targets, they may have to be looked at again, hope there is a plan B.
If we finish in 4th, we have to play a qualifier after the Euros, probably in some old eastern block country.
After years of fighting for a level playing field in The CL, where we are seeded as per our league position, ie finish 1st go into pot 1.
We would now be in pot 4, therefore another group of death.
This season has been the most disappointing since the takeover.
I agree with most of this but can we knock the qualifier bollox on the head? We play in a play-off if we finish fourth and the play-offs are just after the season starts. This isn't the Europa of a few years back when we started in July.
I'm not sure what stage we would enter the EL as COC (up) winners or 5th, 6th place.

We don't deserve to finish in the top 4. That is one of the worst Manure teams I have seen in a long time and yet we lack the desire and passion to beat them at home. We lack the cutting edge to put teams to the sword and to defend as a tight unit and attack at speed, luke we did under Mancini. Sorry to say we seem to gave gone backwards in the past couple of seasons. Lets start anew next season and hope Pep manages to motivate the team to reach its full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.