The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid that winning the League Cup, whilst 'a trophy', cannot compensate for the unmitigated disaster that this season has turned in to. Not finishing in the top 4 will hold us back for 3 years, largely down to the effect it will have on transfer dealings and the possibility that it will put the cross hairs even more firmly on Aguero from Real and Barca - and who would blame him if he wanted to go?

It won't compensate but qualifying for the top four is still in our hands. The form is worrying but the effect of our league season will be felt when the season ends. We have to stay positive and get behind the boys. International break has probably come at a good time for us

You have been right all along.

I have got it wrong this season.

Nowt wrong with a bit of faith old chap, and I am instinctively pessimistic about City anyway. Don't forget I thought we would miss out on top 4 last season after the twin debacles at Klanfield and Old Toilet, so I called that wrong. The writing has been on the wall for a long time though, and injuries notwithstanding, the number of truly cretinous team selections the man has coughed up in the last 12 months has been astonishing. There are others culpable too though and Mr Begiristain has a lot to answer for. Sheikh Mansour should be raging this morning. I hope Pep can turn this ship around, but I fear he's almost certainly gonna have to do it without CL football. At the moment I'm pinning my hopes on KDB and Nasri coming back all guns blazing, but after such protracted absences, it's a pretty big and optimistic ask

It won't compensate but qualifying for the top four is still in our hands. The form is worrying but the effect of our league season will be felt when the season ends. We have to stay positive and get behind the boys. International break has probably come at a good time for us

You are right - I need to snap out of this. Fuck 'em.

Its fecking appalling that we have to talk about scraping top 4, we should have pissed this league!! We should be getting guard of honours by now before each game. The steps backward we've taken over the last 2 years is shocking.

We are 15 points behind Leicester.

I'll pause for a moment whilst you just sit and let thank sink in. 15 points behind Leicester.

Very hard to see us finishing in the top four at the moment, given our current form and injuries.

As someone else said, hopefully this international break has come at a good time for us, and we can somehow galvanise for the remiander of the season (as we did last year).

I'm not optimistic, but if somehow win our next two games the league table might look a bit more positive.

Very hard to see us finishing in the top four at the moment, given our current form and injuries.

As someone else said, hopefully this international break has come at a good time for us, and we can somehow galvanise for the remiander of the season (as we did last year).

I'm not optimistic, but if somehow win our next two games the league table might look a bit more positive.

Hopefully de Bruyne, Delph and Nasri back as well ric! Unfortunate about Raheem and joe but them three back gives us options

You have been right all along.

I have got it wrong this season.

Mate, not a single one of us will take any pleasure in this outcome. It's been a shambles that none of us could have predicted given how we started off the season. Sadly there's still zero signs that's about to change.

I understand why some of us are pinning our hopes on KDB getting fit again soon, and no denying he's a top player but the Everton game aside he was invisible in many of his later games before the injury.

It's too many players who aren't doing enough. Whether that's their fault, Pellegrini's or what I don't know but it's nowhere near good enough.

Even if we do get all our top players back from injury, we still have the buffoon in charge to fuck things up for us.

So no, I'm convinced we will end up 6th or 7th as long as he's in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.