The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fighting for first place when you're second/third isn't really the same as fighting for fourth when you're....fourth though is it? Not to sound a condescending douche but it's madness to suggest a finishing place is out of our grasp when we're currently in that position.

I don't know and can't be arsed either.

FWIW I agree with you both in what you are saying, form/performances put us in a real battle for fourth but as I've just said above, It's madness to write off finishing fourth when we are in fact, fourth, which is what the thread title is saying.

We just have to hope a few returning players after the international break can give the team a boost until the end of the season.

You seem incapable of differentiating between the present and the future. The fact that we are 4th at the moment means nothing.

Aston Villa were top at 3:01 on the first day but that didn't mean they had any chance of finishing top.

Yes if we're 4th with a 8 point gap to 5th and 4 or 5 games left. But we are 1 point ahead of two teams playing better than us - much better - who have better fixtures and some momentum behind them.

My biggest concern is that honestly, genuinely, I don't think Pellegrini is remotely bothered if we get 4th or not. He will throw the games preceding the PSG games, that's a given.

For me, 4th requires a fundamental change in approach starting right now. That probably requires a change of manager starting right now. Stick with the same manager, same strategy, same approach and the same results will surely ensue. That will leave us fighting for 6th.

That's the reality I think. Make big changes or accept 6th.

how on earth can 4th be gone....we are 4th!!! some people are so pessimistic its ridiculous....agree we are paying like a mid table side but we have more then enough ability to turn it on when we have to...i cant see these players just letting it drift into a europa league spot....it might need us to drop down a spot or two in the short term to give them a reality check though.

Our best keeper,Injured.
Our best Defender, Injured.
Our assist king, Injured.
Our promising winger, Injured.
Our best forward, Injury prone... probably overdue another injury.
Our Manager, Clueless.

Top four is slipping away, and I have no clue why anyone thinks we can turn this around from here.

If someone had said to me at the start of the season that we might struggle to get top 4 then i'd have laughed in their face.
Forget the injuries, all clubs have them but to miss out on top 4 with the money we've spent would be a f*cking disgrace, basically it seems as though some players and maybe even Pellers have downed tools and said "fuck it".
Personally i still think we'll finish 4th.

If someone had said to me at the start of the season that we might struggle to get top 4 then i'd have laughed in their face.
Forget the injuries, all clubs have them but to miss out on top 4 with the money we've spent would be a f*cking disgrace, basically it seems as though some players and maybe even Pellers have downed tools and said "fuck it".
this all day for me. to think back to the way we started the season. 5 wins and no goals conceded to then have witnessed 36 points from 25 games, conceding goals left right and centre and barely scoring, well its just dismal. been a horrific season, heres hoping we can scrape a few wins together and then pray west hame and united slip up

..we have more then enough ability to turn it on when we have to...i cant see these players just letting it drift into a europa league spot....it might need us to drop down a spot or two in the short term to give them a reality check though.

Not sure how you can say that after Sunday. If you can't turn it on at home in a Derby to arguably the worst ManUre side since the Premier League began then we're fucked!

You'd almost think Pellers was trying to fuck us over by not finishing top 4.

I don't believe that for one minute by the way but when you look at team selection, and subs used (obviously keeper problems aside) it was almost laughable... or intentional to lose!

how on earth can 4th be gone....we are 4th!!! some people are so pessimistic its ridiculous....agree we are paying like a mid table side but we have more then enough ability to turn it on when we have to...i cant see these players just letting it drift into a europa league spot....it might need us to drop down a spot or two in the short term to give them a reality check though.

Mate if we can't turn it on for derby we aren't going to do it for much else.. I see what you're saying but I really can't see us holding a 1 point gap.

Mate if we can't turn it on for derby we aren't going to do it for much else.. I see what you're saying but I really can't see us holding a 1 point gap.

No-one seems to be thinking about the effect yesterday's shambles will have had on West Ham, the scum or even Liverpool. They will all be bang up for it now - even more than they were before. And with no CL QF distraction they will be 100% focused on that 4th spot.

I'll be amazed if we get 4th now. I hope of course I am wrong.

I know it's probably nonsense but I can't shake from my mind the thought that maybe just maybe the Pep thing may fall through if we don't get 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.