The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Savage surely feels like idiot for backing from his pre-season claim that we won't finish in top 4.

I thought I was being pretty pessimistic a few weeks ago when, based on our form and the lack of enthusiasm in the squad, that a top 4 finish was 50-50.

But then the rock of our defense, Kompany, got injured.

And we lost to the Rags - thought we'd be up for that one and win.

Now.... I just don't know. Will Nasri and De Bruyne make enough of an impact? I hope so.

Your thoughts?

I wouldn't bet on it.

There again I wouldn't have bet on us winning our last 6 on the bounce last season.

You could have searched for the several other threads asking the same question

Just saying
Yeah... but those threads, where ever they are, have all dropped of the front page of the forums. So, I thought, maybe the loss of Kompany is a new variable, worthy of a new thread.

Edit...
Seems like the moderators have merged my thread. Thanks!

But the loss of Kompany is huge! So I hope this doesn't drop off the radar.

Last edited:
I will probably get abuse for this but I laid us on Betfair on the top 4 finish market when we were 1.2. I win 500 quid if we don't. I'd be happier to not win the money but if it continues to go tits up at least I get the consolation of having next season's season ticket paid for, in fact more than paid for now I'm in SS tier 3. So in answer to your question, no.

Last edited:
Looking at the fixtures for us United and West Ham I have West Ham getting 4th us 5th. FML

You see us finishing above the scum?

From working out how many points we both will get from our remaining games I had us gaining an optimistic 14 and them doing the same so if that happened yeah however I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. We are in the Europa from the league cup so there is no escaping it even with a major slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.