The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think not getting 4th is a complete disaster. If we get it then I think winning league, making a deep run will be fine for year 1 under pep.

True about not getting 4th, but won't it just increase expectations on Pep to integrate new players, with little preparation (due to Euro tournament), learn about the Premiership opposition and compete for the both the Premier League and Champions League all in the first season.

This is why I'm starting to wonder whether the board would be quite happy for us not to get 4th, to allow Pep to create his team and focus on winning the Premier League only (plus another cup if possible) and then spend the next two seasons aiming to win the Champions League.

Definitely if MP stays in charge.

Not to say we will make fourth if a caretaker comes in but if we drop more points against Bournemouth then the board must act unless they are comfortable with us finishing outside the top four this season.

Sounds a bit strange but it might actually help us with the massive rebuild the squad needs.

Players who have medals already that we are targeting and players that want to play under Pep will come anyway.

Money is the overriding factor and you can gloss it up all you like in the guise of a " project " players who want to play in England will come to us whether we are in Chumps or Europa.

One thing is criticise Pellegrini's failures and reckon that he's got no fucking clue on how to set up the side according opposition, and in the process failing to use the full club resources of the young players.

But this thread is a **** thread full of fucking flapping cunts, entitled cry babies.

The wet fannies brigade wishing our players get crippled and their legs broken is absolutely out of order utter bollocks, probably they will be happy watching City lose again and again to be proved right, so fuck you! fucking flapping cunts and fuck off to cheer the scum, you rags you!

One thing is criticise Pellegrini's failures and reckon that he's got no fucking clue on how to set up the side according opposition, and in the process failing to use the full club resources of the young players.

But this thread is a **** thread full of fucking flapping cunts, entitled cry babies.

The wet fannies brigade wishing our players get crippled and their legs broken is absolutely out of order utter bollocks, probably they will be happy watching City lose again and again to be proved right, so fuck you! fucking flapping cunts and fuck off to cheer the scum, you rags you!

LOL @ This

I don't know how people can say 4th might be gone...when we're in 4th. In fact i do know...because lots of City fans always look on the dark side of life. I don't really blame them at the moment because we are in a dreadful run of form and i get that some fans think it won't change. But I've been a blue long enough to know nothing about what this club will do in the future. Good or bad they are totally unpredictable. So many times we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat...the Spurs Macken winner 3-4, Gillingham, Qpr & the 2014 run in. Then the opposite..winning a derby 2-0 at half time only to lose 2-3 etc and my worst memory of losing at Halifax. The title has probably gone...if we win the game in hand we are 12 points behind with 21 to play for. Not impossible but Leicester & Spurs both need to collapse. Maybe they will. They both play in white so hopefully they will play like a bunch of choirboys over Easter. In my opinion we'll probably get 3rd...still hoping for 1st but their has to be an about turn by 3 clubs one way and us going the other.

We have so many fickle fans posting on this forum, it is quite humorous. We are one good performance and win away from the tide turning and many changing their viewpoints again. The CC final was a classic example as when Willie was announced, Pellers was the worst manager in the universe ever, a few hours later he was a genius.

Those that have enlisted themselves in the "end is neigh" club, you must really be suffering at the moment, but who know's what's around the corner?

As I say, one decent performance and result away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.