The Beatles through the years...

Think you quoted the wrong post mate. I love all things Beatles. Grew up in Liverpool and went to Quarry Bank. The Beatles are in my DNA.

I don’t get that. Why does it matter if you’re from Liverpool or if you went to John Lennon’s school? I went to the same school as Mick Hucknall but I don’t consider Simply Red part of my dna - should I like the Smiths, Joy Division and the Hollies because I’m a Mancunian? Not having a go I just don’t understand the logic

Crap ?
they were phenomenal, biggest band in the world, No 1 in every country that mattered

No English band had ever made it in America and they had top 5 positions on the US charts in the same week (never been done before or since)...even their albums got in the singles charts they sold so many.

and great live, so tight and clean.

Take that of their generation

I agree they were one of the first bands to make it big in America but Led Zeppelin were also huge in the US. They were very much an albums band but their tours broke records.

They were the first to crack the American market, they opened the door for bands like the Stones, Animals, Led Zep came later

I don’t get that. Why does it matter if you’re from Liverpool or if you went to John Lennon’s school? I went to the same school as Mick Hucknall but I don’t consider Simply Red part of my dna - should I like the Smiths, Joy Division and the Hollies because I’m a Mancunian? Not having a go I just don’t understand the logic
Hardly think any of those bands had the world, music, social and political impact of the Beatles to be honest. As for comparing Mick Hucknel to John Lennon ffs. You have to understand that in my era you could not go out to a pub without it ending the evening in a Beatles sing along. They also sang about the City and places we knew and frequented. Everyone knew someone who knew someone who worked with or knew one of them. I have been to a Macca wedding for example. If i go to America i can still dine out on it and related Beatles stuff. The city has a whole industry built around them. Hardly the same as Simply fkn Red. Maybe you are too young to realise the reach of the band then and now or simply to bitter to acknowledge it because they dont come from your neck of the woods. And by the way, no one should like the Smiths, regardless of which City they come from ;-)

Hardly think any of those bands had the world, music, social and political impact of the Beatles to be honest. As for comparing Mick Hucknel to John Lennon ffs. You have to understand that in my era you could not go out to a pub without it ending the evening in a Beatles sing along. They also sang about the City and places we knew and frequented. Everyone knew someone who knew someone who worked with or knew one of them. I have been to a Macca wedding for example. If i go to America i can still dine out on it and related Beatles stuff. The city has a whole industry built around them. Hardly the same as Simply fkn Red. Maybe you are too young to realise the reach of the band then and now or simply to bitter to acknowledge it because they dont come from your neck of the woods. And by the way, no one should like the Smiths, regardless of which City they come from ;-)

At least that city’s cult like mentality doesn’t just stop at football.

Love the Beatles

timeless because they left it alone and spilt at the right time. the beatles did something for everybody right across the board and without them pushing the boundaries all the other bands would still be still 8 tracking and ping ponging and mono recording

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.