The beautiful West Coast Highlands of Scotland.

A couple of years ago I did the Glasgow to Mallaig rail journey. Stunning scenery. Stopped in Oban, went over to Iona to see John Smith’s grave. Eat the best fish and chips ever in Oban. Going back next spring to do one of the scotrail classic rail journey packages. They are ridiculously cheap.

A couple of years ago I did the Glasgow to Mallaig rail journey. Stunning scenery. Stopped in Oban, went over to Iona to see John Smith’s grave. Eat the best fish and chips ever in Oban. Going back next spring to do one of the scotrail classic rail journey packages. They are ridiculously cheap.
Haha, small world. That chippy is on the left hand side on the main Street walking towards the harbour, near the cinema iirc. Not the best I've had but it's right up there mate.

Four pages in and not one Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Magic. The present was too big to post so I'll think about what I would have bought for you later.

On a separate note Glen Etive which is next door is I believe where James Bond went haring along at the end of Skyfall. Single tracked road. Drive along for about 9 miles, park up and walk along the other side of the river for 45minutes and you'll find a wee bothy at the head of Loch Etive. I did a fair bit of dry staine dyking there a few years back. That's dry stone walling for those of you who reside south of the border.

Cheers for the birthday wishes, however, my birthday isn’t until the 6th of November. This was a week we could both get away.

Still, on the bright side, it gives you all plenty of time to save up for a pressie.

The clouds have lifted from the Loch and the hills are back, better than ever. I feel a song coming on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.