The beautiful West Coast Highlands of Scotland.

Been up a few times on my motorcycle. Stunning place, made by God for motorbikes, but this time of year, OMG the midges!!! Trillions of the little b@stards!

We have a balcony and are sitting here now and haven’t seen one. I hope I haven’t spoken too soon.

. As others have said, if we had long hot summers why would you want to fuck off abroad. Absolutely stunning.

We moan about the rain, more the frequency of it, but, that’s what makes these islands as beautiful as they are. Still a **** though.

We moan about the rain, more the frequency of it, but, that’s what makes these islands as beautiful as they are. Still a **** though.
What’s the Sea temperature like MP. Would love to take kids there next summer camping. The kids were born in Spain though so I may have to cover them in petroleum jelly if they want a swim. I love the scenery in Europe but the Uk can rival it.

OMG the midges!!! Trillions of the little b@stards!
We have a balcony and are sitting here now and haven’t seen one. I hope I haven’t spoken too soon.
Break out the Avon skin so soft. That or Deet. Been drenched both at times. I'm scratching myself just thinking about it.

What’s the Sea temperature like MP. Would love to take kids there next summer camping. The kids were born in Spain though so I may have to cover them in petroleum jelly if they want a swim. I love the scenery in Europe but the Uk can rival it.

Sea temp in a brilliant summer? Bastard freezing, but no colder than Portugal, which is still Fucking monstrous. But, it toughens them up and they can cope. Plus they get knackered and fall asleep early. I think that should swing it.

It's freezing, but your body acclimatises soon enough. But there are plenty of white sandy, uncrowded beaches to swim from.

Try a plunge into a gushing waterfall, just after a fall of rain. Bracing and exhilarating.

I too am hooked on the West Coast of Scotland. We first went to the Isle of Mull in 2006, and have been every year since. We mainly stay in Tobermory, but have also stayed in Fionnphort and Iona. I look each year for John Smith’s grave, but haven’t found it yet. We will never tire of that area of Britain, and could easily retire up there one day.

Favourite things are walking, eagle and other wildlife spotting, swimming in the beautiful clean sea, rivers and waterfalls, golden sandy beaches, the fantastic fresh seafood, restaurants serving local produce, crafts, local produce, cafes, absolutely stunning scenery, sea fishing, excursions (e.g. Staffa), friendliness of the people, absence of crime and anti-social behaviour.
Calgary beach on Mull is to die for as is café fish in Tobermory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.