The beautiful West Coast Highlands of Scotland.

Was in Largs the other month tucking into the best fresh seafood platter this side of the black stump

I too am hooked on the West Coast of Scotland. We first went to the Isle of Mull in 2006, and have been every year since. We mainly stay in Tobermory, but have also stayed in Fionnphort and Iona. I look each year for John Smith’s grave, but haven’t found it yet. We will never tire of that area of Britain, and could easily retire up there one day.

Favourite things are walking, eagle and other wildlife spotting, swimming in the beautiful clean sea, rivers and waterfalls, golden sandy beaches, the fantastic fresh seafood, restaurants serving local produce, crafts, local produce, cafes, absolutely stunning scenery, sea fishing, excursions (e.g. Staffa), friendliness of the people, absence of crime and anti-social behaviour.

Warms the heart. I genuinely think you guys who have been up here, should be working for the Scottish Tourist Board. You tell a better story and it’s not coming from us. I love you love it too. Although it’s difficult to imagine how anybody couldn’t.

Been up a few times on my motorcycle. Stunning place, made by God for motorbikes, but this time of year, OMG the midges!!! Trillions of the little b@stards!

The bridge is now free to cross. The scenery is the same, so swings and roundabouts really.
220px-Old_Stirling_Bridge_and_the_Abbey_Craig_with_the_Wallace_Monument%2C_Stirling_Scotland.jpg

Sorry. Wrong bridge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.