The beginning of a change for the worst at City

WNRH said:
glen quagmire said:
I'll admit i am a glory hunter! I've been glory hunting since 1988, and want a return on my investment, or i'm moving on to QPR or Leeds! It's small time mentality, like this that makes us a laughing stock and holds us back! I always giggle when i hear the old "fuck off back to London" chant! I know at least half a dozen lads who have been coming from Belfast EVERY fucking week since the early nineties, shall they fuck off too!

We want to win the champions league, we want to be premier league champions, this will bring a whole wave of 'new' fans. Just look at the amount of bosnians that has signed up JUST TO HERE lately, all because of Edin! My advice to all those who are worried about their seats, start saving or get an extra job.

No need to thank me, i'm just doing my job!

A twattish, smug, patronising post of epic proportions, i am sorry glenn but that attitude fucking stinks, it's not as if i am moaning about the price i am paying now or asking the tickets to be cheap because our owner is rich beyond belief. I am asking for common sense, a bit of perspective in the world we live in at the moment, something which your last couple of posts shows you lack in bundles. I just hope for your sake because after all mate, it's you that you are only bothered about, that you are never in a position where you have to choose between providing for a family member or spending that money on city because you are in for a shock and a huge craving for humble pie if that day ever comes.

Out of interest how old are you and do you have family?

I'll answer your question, i am 36 (turned 36 yesterday) lad about to leave school and a daughter at 13. Came from a council estate, left school no quals, took a shit job, worked way up, now doing ok for myself within a company who turned over £650million last year. Had an absolute shiteload of personal tragedy in my life, have you ever watched a six year old child die of cancer, then her dad (your brother) turn to you and look for help? Or what about watch your best mate in the world swing on a home made noose, because of a bird, the day before my old man's funeral, who died of lung/throat cancer at 50? Life can be fucking shite, so i'll take the good things ta, while they are going, while giving my family the best i can, while i can. If i pay over the odds for making myself happy (fuck watching us i can't believe i typed that) then so be it. I'm sorry for those who can't make the increase i really am, or those who despise me because of it.

WNRH said:
*singingtheblues* said:
Put the crack pipe down mate. I said you labelled me a negative drone (which you did, because you're an idiot), quite a difference to calling myself one, of which I am certainly not. Hence the reference to the difference of criticising the club's policy to the football side itself.

People like you need to realise there's a huge difference between being a pessimistic, constantly negative bore to being an outspoken blue, capable of constructively criticising the club (when necessary) for the benefit of the whole.

If our whole fanbase was populated by nodding dogs like you, constantly paranoid and in fear of the notion of negativity, fuck knows what the club would decide to introduce.

Thankfully, there remain a few of us who are able to rationalise the difference, can recognise when we might be getting proverbially fucked and aren't afraid to give our opinion.

Stick your apology, my original reply still stands.

Sometimes i wish we were German.

It would have its drawbacks (of which there are many), but there would be the football related benefits. ;-)

glen quagmire said:
WNRH said:
A twattish, smug, patronising post of epic proportions, i am sorry glenn but that attitude fucking stinks, it's not as if i am moaning about the price i am paying now or asking the tickets to be cheap because our owner is rich beyond belief. I am asking for common sense, a bit of perspective in the world we live in at the moment, something which your last couple of posts shows you lack in bundles. I just hope for your sake because after all mate, it's you that you are only bothered about, that you are never in a position where you have to choose between providing for a family member or spending that money on city because you are in for a shock and a huge craving for humble pie if that day ever comes.

I'll answer your question, i am 36 (turned 36 yesterday) lad about to leave school and a daughter at 13. Came from a council estate, left school no quals, took a shit job, worked way up, now doing ok for myself within a company who turned over £650million last year. Had an absolute shiteload of personal tragedy in my life, have you ever watched a six year old child die of cancer, then her dad (your brother) turn to you and look for help? Or what about watch your best mate in the world swing on a home made noose, because of a bird, the day before my old man's funeral, who died of lung/throat cancer at 50? Life can be fucking shite, so i'll take the good things ta, while they are going, while giving my family the best i can, while i can. If i pay over the odds for making myself happy (fuck watching us i can't believe i typed that) then so be it. I'm sorry for those who can't make the increase i really am, or those who despise me because of it.

im sorry to hear that, and im glad your doing well for yourself, but just be gracious about it, remember your roots and dont become a pretentious middle class prick.

ethan23 said:
glen quagmire said:

im sorry to hear that, and im glad your doing well for yourself, but just be gracious about it, remember your roots and dont become a pretentious middle class prick.

Once again thanks for the abuse ethan! I am not middle class and certainly no prick!

*sighs*

glen quagmire said:
WNRH said:

What the fuck has that got to do with anything we are debating about? It's not about paying over the odds, if you pay over the odds you can afford it, this is about those who cannot afford it which if we go down the route of arsenal or the rags will be thousands.

In 4 years time when your daughter is 17 and is starting to learn how to drive, if she is lucky enough to pass her test you may have to face the decision of spending £2000 on insurance to give her the independance they crave at their age or spending £1000 on a season ticket at city and you will then see why some fans were worried about price increases at times when it was affordable for the majority. If you are not faced with that decision that well done, you are lucky that you have the choice to go ahead with both, but for thousands of others that choice will be hard and ultimately family will always come first.

glen quagmire said:
ethan23 said:

Once again thanks for the abuse ethan! I am not middle class and certainly no prick!

*sighs*

your a very deceptive poster... thats as nice a comment your gonna get

WNRH said:
glen quagmire said:

What the fuck has that got to do with anything we are debating about? It's not about paying over the odds, if you pay over the odds you can afford it, this is about those who cannot afford it which if we go down the route of arsenal or the rags will be thousands.

In 4 years time when your daughter is 17 and is starting to learn how to drive, if she is lucky enough to pass her test you may have to face the decision of spending £2000 on insurance to give her the independance they crave at their age or spending £1000 on a season ticket at city and you will then see why some fans were worried about price increases at times when it was affordable for the majority. If you are not faced with that decision that well done, you are lucky that you have the choice to go ahead with both, but for thousands of others that choice will be hard and ultimately family will always come first.

My heart bleeds, it really does! I'm fucking off top bed, so i'm going to end on this note, I, me, myself can sort my daughter with driving lessons, a car, insurance AND her ST, so cheers for the concern, maybe she will drive me for a change, you just never know.

Anyhoo, now doubt there will be more boozers, showing our games by then, for all the have-nots.

Night!

glen quagmire said:
WNRH said:

No need to justify yourself mate. The problem is not everyone will be able to afford the increases, and I may be one of them, depending on any potential increases. If we're shouted down for giving our opinion, then we have no voice, and what chance do we stand of being heard?

You may be happy to pay over the odds, but some of us simply wouldn't be able to afford it, and I don't see why that should become such an issue when we raise this with other blues.

Like I said, where's the collective? There simply isn't, people are only concerned about themselves. Hence my reference to the German league where they're big on their rights and have a collective spirit, we're the exact opposite here and as a result we're shat on from a great height by the clubs we love on a weekly basis.

We all want the best for City, it's worth remembering that when you're labelling other blues X Y Z (and that goes for everyone, myself included).<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:46 am --<br /><br />
glen quagmire said:
WNRH said:

My heart bleeds, it really does! I'm fucking off top bed, so i'm going to end on this note, I, me, myself can sort my daughter with driving lessons, a car, insurance AND her ST, so cheers for the concern, maybe she will drive me for a change, you just never know.

Anyhoo, now doubt there will be more boozers, showing our games by then, for all the have-nots.

Night!

Niceee.

What's up!

Have we nothing to complain about on the pitch, so we are now getting hysterical about supposed price rises!

Fuck me, City fans having a moan, like last night when the bloke behind me was having kittens about a few misplaced passes 5 minutes before the end of the game and we were 3 goals to the good.

Can't we wait until the prices for next season have been announced before we start getting our knickers in a twist?

Jeez, the club are doing their best, what with value seasoncards and cup prices that are not exactly extortionate.

glen quagmire said:
WNRH said:

Night!

after reading this, my original comment definitely still stands... you're a prick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.