The beginning of a change for the worst at City

glen quagmire said:
I want to go to games paying an affordable price for the 90 mins that is on offer, is that too much to ask?

So do we all, but is it also my fault, that i have done well in life and will pay for my ST no matter what the price? How can the owner get his money back by charging people, £20-£30 quid a game? I know, why don't we ask the players to take a pay cut, to subsidise match tickets, for those who can't pay for theirs next season? Or failing that, what about targeting brett ormerod and fortune from west brom as a strike force next season? That should bring ticket prices into line surely?

Fuck me, the smugness of that post is amazing. I am sorry that i am not earning as much as you what with the amazing intelligence and skills you were born with. I thought the local fans would be replaced with the likes of you but looks like we have a few already.

*singingtheblues* said:
bainy said:
[/b]

Fair enough and apologies and all that... but, city are getting slagged off left right and centre. Every media outlet see's citys glass as half empty. Your opening post on a big city forum had that same negative view IMO. All beit your points may be valid.

There are 2 issues that need to be separated for me 1; The performances and league / cup progress
2; Treatment of football fans.
I would prefer they were kept separate and and off topic, allowing the fabulous improvement in MCFC football to take centre stage.

I agree. They're separate issues, so why you decided to label me one of negative drones I'll never know.

Being a fan of my club shouldn't exclude me from criticising them, especially when in this case it comes to their treatment of us. The fans.

If we're passive, they can do as they please, and shit all over us in the process. Fuck knows what they might try to introduce if they gathered that we'd just roll over and accept whatever they proposed.

People need to be less selfish and stop looking after number one. We need to look at ourselves as a collective, we're not individuals, we're a collective.

That's the reason the fans in Germany have rights, and their clubs know where the line is drawn.

And it's the same reason clubs in this country couldn't give a flying fuck about their fans.

Get your thinking cap on.

-- Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:32 am --

WNRH said:
I don't think i have IMO. It says "The ownership of a Club like Manchester City, carries a unique set of obligations to the fans" so surely those oligations should be no matter how succesful we are, those who have followed the club through thick and thick and the fans who keep this club going every year that allowed them the oppourtunity to buy us should be able to watch a newer improved City for an affordable price.

I don't think replacing those fans who have stuck with the club through thick and thick with rich out of towners or city type people who can afford any price to watch us is keeping a unique set of obligations to the fans which in his words is not taken lightly.

I agree with you entirely mate, I just don't think the quote implied that. I hope I'm wrong though.

Very simple pal...best team in years, best CF we have had goal to game ratio, best home record, best centre half (dont tell one!!) best number of goals scored consecutatively at home i believe ......
Why have the club treated the fans badly......? apart from last year we have not sold out at chelsea. everton, totenham, fulham, villa, newcastle, sunderland etc - many blues were at them games, many more were not!

your OP is negative. I offered u apology...and u called yourself a drone.

WNRH said:
glen quagmire said:
So do we all, but is it also my fault, that i have done well in life and will pay for my ST no matter what the price? How can the owner get his money back by charging people, £20-£30 quid a game? I know, why don't we ask the players to take a pay cut, to subsidise match tickets, for those who can't pay for theirs next season? Or failing that, what about targeting brett ormerod and fortune from west brom as a strike force next season? That should bring ticket prices into line surely?

Fuck me, the smugness of that post is amazing. I am sorry that i am not earning as much as you what with the amazing intelligence and skills you were born with. I thought the local fans would be replaced with the likes of you but looks like we have a few already.

I'll admit i am a glory hunter! I've been glory hunting since 1988, and want a return on my investment, or i'm moving on to QPR or Leeds! It's small time mentality, like this that makes us a laughing stock and holds us back! I always giggle when i hear the old "fuck off back to London" chant! I know at least half a dozen lads who have been coming from Belfast EVERY fucking week since the early nineties, shall they fuck off too!

We want to win the champions league, we want to be premier league champions, this will bring a whole wave of 'new' fans. Just look at the amount of bosnians that has signed up JUST TO HERE lately, all because of Edin! My advice to all those who are worried about their seats, start saving or get an extra job.

No need to thank me, i'm just doing my job!

glen quagmire said:
I want to go to games paying an affordable price for the 90 mins that is on offer, is that too much to ask?

i despise people like you

ethan23 said:
glen quagmire said:

People like me? A working class guy, who will follow his beloved blues no matter what? For the record i despise people like you, for despising strangers you do not know on an internet forum.

glen quagmire said:
WNRH said:

I'll admit i am a glory hunter! I've been glory hunting since 1988, and want a return on my investment, or i'm moving on to QPR or Leeds! It's small time mentality, like this that makes us a laughing stock and holds us back! I always giggle when i hear the old "fuck off back to London" chant! I know at least half a dozen lads who have been coming from Belfast EVERY fucking week since the early nineties, shall they fuck off too!

We want to win the champions league, we want to be premier league champions, this will bring a whole wave of 'new' fans. Just look at the amount of bosnians that has signed up JUST TO HERE lately, all because of Edin! My advice to all those who are worried about their seats, start saving or get an extra job.

No need to thank me, i'm just doing my job!

A twattish, smug, patronising post of epic proportions, i am sorry glenn but that attitude fucking stinks, it's not as if i am moaning about the price i am paying now or asking the tickets to be cheap because our owner is rich beyond belief. I am asking for common sense, a bit of perspective in the world we live in at the moment, something which your last couple of posts shows you lack in bundles. I just hope for your sake because after all mate, it's you that you are only bothered about, that you are never in a position where you have to choose between providing for a family member or spending that money on city because you are in for a shock and a huge craving for humble pie if that day ever comes.

Out of interest how old are you and do you have family?

danburge82 said:
alera said:
Never read so much shit in my life. Buy a season ticket and or join a supporters club instead of whinging like a woman. We have some of the cheapest tickets in the league certainly by far the cheapest of any of the current top 4 sides.
Yeah at the moment we do. What about next season when over half of the East and CB Level 2 fans have to move elsewhere because a bit of foam has been put on their seats to make it a little more comfortable and they get a free programme? And then every year ongoing where we'll all see £50 added to our SC's?

Let's see how you think our ticket prices will look in ten years time. Ask Chelsea fans, it happened to them. Look at Arsenal and Spurs. But as i say Manchester is not London and City aren't United.

Don't go then,grow up,we have paid to watch shite for years,u have had it easy CHILD.

glen quagmire said:
ethan23 said:

People like me? A working class guy, who will follow his beloved blues no matter what? For the record i despise people like you, for despising strangers you do not know on an internet forum.

How old are you, what is the title of your job and do you have a family glenn?<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:18 am --<br /><br />
pride in battle said:
danburge82 said:
Yeah at the moment we do. What about next season when over half of the East and CB Level 2 fans have to move elsewhere because a bit of foam has been put on their seats to make it a little more comfortable and they get a free programme? And then every year ongoing where we'll all see £50 added to our SC's?

Let's see how you think our ticket prices will look in ten years time. Ask Chelsea fans, it happened to them. Look at Arsenal and Spurs. But as i say Manchester is not London and City aren't United.

Don't go then,grow up,we have paid to watch shite for years,u have had it easy CHILD.

How old are you?

bainy said:
*singingtheblues* said:
I agree. They're separate issues, so why you decided to label me one of negative drones I'll never know.

Being a fan of my club shouldn't exclude me from criticising them, especially when in this case it comes to their treatment of us. The fans.

If we're passive, they can do as they please, and shit all over us in the process. Fuck knows what they might try to introduce if they gathered that we'd just roll over and accept whatever they proposed.

People need to be less selfish and stop looking after number one. We need to look at ourselves as a collective, we're not individuals, we're a collective.

That's the reason the fans in Germany have rights, and their clubs know where the line is drawn.

And it's the same reason clubs in this country couldn't give a flying fuck about their fans.

Get your thinking cap on.

-- Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:32 am --

I agree with you entirely mate, I just don't think the quote implied that. I hope I'm wrong though.

Very simple pal...best team in years, best CF we have had goal to game ratio, best home record, best centre half (dont tell one!!) best number of goals scored consecutatively at home i believe ......
Why have the club treated the fans badly......? apart from last year we have not sold out at chelsea. everton, totenham, fulham, villa, newcastle, sunderland etc - many blues were at them games, many more were not!

Put the crack pipe down mate. I said you labelled me a negative drone (which you did, because you're an idiot), quite a difference to calling myself one, of which I am certainly not. Hence the reference to the difference of criticising the club's policy to the football side itself.

People like you need to realise there's a huge difference between being a pessimistic, constantly negative bore to being an outspoken blue, capable of constructively criticising the club (when necessary) for the benefit of the whole.

If our whole fanbase was populated by nodding dogs like you, constantly paranoid and in fear of the notion of negativity, fuck knows what the club would decide to introduce.

Thankfully, there remain a few of us who are able to rationalise the difference, can recognise when we might be getting proverbially fucked and aren't afraid to give our opinion.

Stick your apology, my original reply still stands.

*singingtheblues* said:
bainy said:

Put the crack pipe down mate. I said you labelled me a negative drone (which you did, because you're an idiot), quite a difference to calling myself one, of which I am certainly not. Hence the reference to the difference of criticising the club's policy to the football side itself.

People like you need to realise there's a huge difference between being a pessimistic, constantly negative bore to being an outspoken blue, capable of constructively criticising the club (when necessary) for the benefit of the whole.

If our whole fanbase was populated by nodding dogs like you, constantly paranoid and in fear of the notion of negativity, fuck knows what the club would decide to introduce.

Thankfully, there remain a few of us who are able to rationalise the difference, can recognise when we might be getting proverbially fucked and aren't afraid to give our opinion.

Stick your apology, my original reply still stands.

Sometimes i wish we were German.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.